the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally dont like em. Its not uncommon to see worn out jalopy's with 150 ish wax the behinds of them "high comp" arm jerkers. Compression is a good thing, to a point....

???

compression is where the power comes in. Plain and simple. (as long as you have the AIR, and flow to compress.

this is why dragsters run 14:1+ and basically the increase in static compression with forced induction.

Run 2 saws side-by side, same mods. one with 150 psi, one with 180... see what happens.

with ONLY 150 psi you can EASILY run 85-87 octane... 93 is just making less power (burns slower...)

now with 200 psi and 93, it all makes sense. :D

Last edited:
???

compression is where the power comes in. Plain and simple. (as long as you have the AIR, and flow to compress.

with ONLY 150 psi you can EASILY run 85-87 octane... 93 is just making less power (burns slower...)

now with 200 psi and 93, it all makes sense. :D

If the ports dont flow, and flow correctly, all the comp in the world dont mean squat.

So the 2171 is in now? If that's the case I'll get busy with mine...count me in

If I'm understanding Terry's post correctly, yes for 2171s, as long as the saw meets the same requirements established for the 372XP. He has also offered to mod my CS2171 and include it at the Build Off GTG, so again my understanding is yes for 2171s.

I'm now going to shut-up, and watch how this develops. Besides, I have saw that needs to be checked over & cleaned.

Am I the ONLY one that finds it ODD that GUYS that KNOW how to build a saw, are sending it off to others?? :confused::dunno: :msp_rolleyes:

Terry, why would you send a saw to Jasha, and then, in turn build a saw for BCC?? I'm assuming your getting the Sling'r'd saw back?

I'd enter, but I wouldn't be competitive without the option/access to a lathe. :cry: So, there it is.

J

jay, i sent tree slinger a saw becouse he volunteered a free port job so that he could participate in the build off and as brad said just to see how others get it done. to me it shows confidence in our comrad builders to let them do our personal saw when we are plenty capable of doing the job ourself. the saw that blowncrewcab is entering is one that i sold him before this build off come about. so its been a proven work saw for many months now and guess what ,,,,it dont have no stinkin pop up. and everyone that had it in there hands at my last gtg loved it. it was the fastest and strongest 70cc class saw there. i build them however you want it, milled or not. i can get a stronger saw with it milled but it does shorten longevity in my opinion and is not a easy rebuild for the owner should they fry it. and yes im getting the slingr saw back as will every one that sends in a saw for the buildoff. if you want to participate get that cylinder and piston boxed up and tell me exactly how much you want each milled and ill do you a solid and whip it out for you. problem solved. you know that you want in on this party. so there it is.

and imjust puttin this out there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im gonna kick all yalls hind end so bring it:cheers:

Last edited:
and imjust puttin this out there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im gonna kick all yalls hind end so bring it:cheers:[/QUOTE]

ok whos got a saw that they will let me barrow? and who will port it for me i'm goin to show tlandrum2002 what this Union County Hill Billy can do LOL

If the ports dont flow, and flow correctly, all the comp in the world dont mean squat.

YES! which is WHY I said, 'if you have the air AND flow to compress...' MEANING all things being equal...

jay, i sent tree slinger a saw becouse he volunteered a free port job so that he could participate in the build off and as brad said just to see how others get it done. to me it shows confidence in our comrad builders to let them do our personal saw when we are plenty capable of doing the job ourself. the saw that blowncrewcab is entering is one that i sold him before this build off come about. so its been a proven work saw for many months now and guess what ,,,,it dont have no stinkin pop up. and everyone that had it in there hands at my last gtg loved it. it was the fastest and strongest 70cc class saw there. i build them however you want it, milled or not. i can get a stronger saw with it milled but it does shorten longevity in my opinion and is not a easy rebuild for the owner should they fry it. and yes im getting the slingr saw back as will every one that sends in a saw for the buildoff. if you want to participate get that cylinder and piston boxed up and tell me exactly how much you want each milled and ill do you a solid and whip it out for you. problem solved. you know that you want in on this party. so there it is.

and imjust puttin this out there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im gonna kick all yalls hind end so bring it:cheers:

WELL then...

I can understand that, BUT I'm thinking it would give OTHERS more of an opportunity that DON'T HAVE the option of porting, an opportunity to run/own a ported saw...that's all..

Just seemed sideways to have a builder BUILD a saw for another BUILDER to run... i dunno, maybe i'm talking in circles :dizzy:

I shall just have to sleep (drink) on that :laugh: what a great gesture... NOW, in order to keep trademarks secret, maybe I can send the jug to one lathe, and the slug to another! :tongue2:

ok whos got a saw that they will let me barrow? and who will port it for me i'm goin to show tlandrum2002 what this Union County Hill Billy can do LOL

:msp_rolleyes::msp_blink:

Last edited:
list of whos building so far

tlandrum2002 building for chris j
blsnelling building for jacob j
treeslinger building for tlandrum2002
simonizer building for river rat 2
komatsuvarna
blowncrewcab built by tlandrum2002
blood on the ice

come on guys, theres got to be more of you grinding on saws.

Yea we need more saws, Im the only newbie on the list! Im gonna get my azz smoked!:msp_scared:

I'm in. Got me a very lightly used one today.

178367d1301694661-372-jpg

if i can find a saw and get some one to port it for me i'll be a newbie too and i'll be on the list with you to get my azz smoked too LOL

If someone wants to show what they are made of but don't have a saw....I have a lightly used 371xp that I would gladly donate for the port work. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back