the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i sold him that saw and hes not kidding about lightly used.. the owner of it must have only used it for storm clean up duty.

I would'nt dare take on another mans saw, having never did any porting. That said, I'm looking to buy a good 372 or 2171 so I can try my hand. I have access to a machine shop so thats no prob.

I know I can do it, just never have got around to getting into it. If I can find one, and can afford it, I'm in.

list of whos building so far

tlandrum2002 building for chris j
blsnelling building for jacob j
treeslinger building for tlandrum2002
simonizer building for river rat 2
komatsuvarna
blowncrewcab built by tlandrum2002
blood on the ice
barnyrb
mdavlee

come on guys theres got to be more of you grinding on saws

If someone wants to show what they are made of but don't have a saw....I have a lightly used 371xp that I would gladly donate for the port work. :msp_thumbup:

pm sent Cowroy i'll get r done but i might have to find someone that will port it for me tho

pm sent Cowroy i'll get r done but i might have to find someone that will port it for me tho

If you cant port it, how are you gonna get r done? Were not running the saws ourselves for the test. :msp_smile:

Last edited:
jd (grandpatractor) is going to be the saw man for this gig. he knows how to run a saw and i trust his ability to be fair 110%. i want to make all the saws available for members to run after they have been tested and documented. what i would like to do is have everyone that runs the saws vote on there favorite without knowing who built it. maybe we can come up with something for the favorite saws builder. any one have suggestions

You need to get one of the carver's busy and carve out a traveling trophy, that you pass around year to year, that is if the owner of the fastest saw changes.

jd (grandpatractor) is going to be the saw man for this gig. he knows how to run a saw and i trust his ability to be fair 110%. i want to make all the saws available for members to run after they have been tested and documented. what i would like to do is have everyone that runs the saws vote on there favorite without knowing who built it. maybe we can come up with something for the favorite saws builder. any one have suggestions

How about one of those new MS440s, lol. JK

jd (grandpatractor) is going to be the saw man for this gig. he knows how to run a saw and i trust his ability to be fair 110%.

That'll be good. I know most of us(but not all) sucked at the square cants, including myself. LOL Its to easy to get in a hurry and try to push to win,,,, especially when you got your own saw in your hands.

You need to get one of the carver's busy and carve out a traveling trophy, that you pass around year to year, that is if the owner of the fastest saw changes.

thats a helluva good idea i have a local as guy here thats a carver and might just do that. im going to send him a pm now

list of whos building so far

tlandrum2002 building for chris j
blsnelling building for jacob j
treeslinger building for tlandrum2002
simonizer building for river rat 2
komatsuvarna
blowncrewcab built by tlandrum2002
blood on the ice
barnyrb
mdavlee

come on guys theres got to be more of you grinding on saws

rule #8 has me out

if you need a screen i have plenty. when i cut on forestry department overseen land i have to use them so when i build a work saw they are built to use the screen,no biggee to put in

Yeah square cants is a little harder than round wood just cutting down. I did better with other peoples saws than I did my own.

if you need a screen i have plenty. when i cut on forestry department overseen land i have to use them so when i build a work saw they are built to use the screen,no biggee to put in

the 288 deflector is welded on

you cann take a screen and slide it in the hole leaving it sticking out enough to put a screw in it. easy peasy

heck if you really want in i will put my muffler on it to run it in the build off.

Back