The Official "Buckin'" Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he had the soft dutchan vid too. I like guys like that. Good faller, good sense of humor. Wants to show you something that he damn well knows, but it's for your own benefit, not his personal glory. He knows he can cut and is gonna help the lads around him. :clap:

Yeah he's got a bunch of videos on youtube. I watched some of his the other night when nothing was on tv. I like to watch treeslingrs video too.

You can always power buck! LOL just gotta sacrifice a little wood :)

26753_368592729843_355234984843_3534444_6112071_n.jpg

Jack has some cool bucking videos.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCWRU8k0nYI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCWRU8k0nYI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cody, you are so graciuos, lol. Put up a picture of a power buck. I can see what might have happened. Tall wood uphill. Nothing you could have done about it most likely, unless I can't see a stump LOL.

Just ribbin' ya. Lucky Cutter has a power buck on his personal AS page. I gave him flack over it. It's a sign you guys are good fallers. No fake stuff :cheers:

What exactly is power buck? I assume it's when you take the saw and just go from top of the log to bottom of the log right through?

if im not mistaken jack builds saws too.i have bought a few parts from him over the years.

power bucked!!

What exactly is power buck? I assume it's when you take the saw and just go from top of the log to bottom of the log right through?

No saw involved after it hits the ground nice and hard!Go to my page and see for your'eself I'm human, and it happens sometimes, not a good thing though, unless you like wasting good wood. Burvol where the heck did you find that flat ground in that picture on the first page?, that's flatter than most the landings in my neck of the woods

I noticed he was running the saw up and down to widen the kerf? But not enough to mess up the cut bad enough that a cookie would be neeed to clean it up.

More please. If the winter forecast turns out, Twinkle will have to open roads. Twinkle needs all the help she can get.

No saw involved after it hits the ground nice and hard!Go to my page and see for your'eself I'm human, and it happens sometimes, not a good thing though, unless you like wasting good wood. Burvol where the heck did you find that flat ground in that picture on the first page?, that's flatter than most the landings in my neck of the woods

Hey bud I am so sorry I called you Lucky Cutter. Oops. You guys are waaay different. We still have ground that wasn't raped long ago that is flat lol. This is a plateau. The valleys and the flats got wiped out first by the settlers and first generation of loggers in general in OR?WA. Onto the tower side of it now.

I noticed he was running the saw up and down to widen the kerf? But not enough to mess up the cut bad enough that a cookie would be neeed to clean it up.

More please. If the winter forecast turns out, Twinkle will have to open roads. Twinkle needs all the help she can get.
P2131651-1.jpg

Maybe Twinkle needs to be up-graded. You did okay on this one. It's the operator, not the saw, that counts.

P2131651-1.jpg

Maybe Twinkle needs to be up-graded. You did okay on this one. It's the operator, not the saw, that counts.

Geez Bob, what kind of a cruel joke was that? LOL You knew Patty had some round chain...."Hell ya, come on down and buck some of this really soft Pine" LOL

Great thread guys! Was this in the saw forum or somewhere else first? Geez I'm busy for a weekend and it feels like a month.

I've done a lot of "circling" myself as Hammer called it. The tops of hardwoods can put all kinds of fun pressures on stems although I'm not working steep ground like most of you boys either. Reading the log and riding the kirf. Rarely will I throw a wedge in. Guess that makes me a little bit queer tho. ha. ha. Hey I also wear shorts when it gets hotter than hell out too. Beats the #### outta my legs, but gives the boys a little draft.

Great thread guys! Was this in the saw forum or somewhere else first? Geez I'm busy for a weekend and it feels like a month.

I've done a lot of "circling" myself as Hammer called it. The tops of hardwoods can put all kinds of fun pressures on stems although I'm not working steep ground like most of you boys either. Reading the log and riding the kirf. Rarely will I throw a wedge in. Guess that makes me a little bit queer tho. ha. ha. Hey I also wear shorts when it gets hotter than hell out too. Beats the #### outta my legs, but gives the boys a little draft.

It started out as a discussion within the McCulloch Chainsaws thread in the CS section. Gary instructed us to take it to the F&L section.............then started this thread...:cheers:

Don't run yer chain into da dirt. Measure twice, cut once. Don't waste wood; A 16 foot #1 sawlog is better than a 12 foot select.

Quite a bit of difference when it comes to bucking between midwest & pnw.
This was an 80+ White Ash, 20" dbh, one good 12' sawlog, the rest firewood. Dropped it through a low spot.....cut down 'til it gets tight, then go from the bottom up.

attachment.php

Yea, I know it's upsidedown :dizzy: it landed on the stump and rolled.

Ed

Quite a bit of difference when it comes to bucking between midwest & pnw.
This was an 80+ White Ash, 20" dbh, one good 12' sawlog, the rest firewood. Dropped it through a low spot.....cut down 'til it gets tight, then go from the bottom up.

attachment.php

Yea, I know it's upsidedown :dizzy: it landed on the stump and rolled.

Ed
That's ok, we know you were aiming for the stump. That's all that counts. :clap:

Back