The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The posts on the sides are 12', the center posts are 17', the cross beams are 20' and the front to back beams are 27'. All are 6.5" X 6.5" Ash (& one Cherry) except the ridge beam, which we cut down to 3" X 9" (27').

This what it looks like now: The cement board on the bottom is to deter the porcupines.

Attachments

• Cagin11-16-14 004.jpg
    Cagin11-16-14 004.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
I cheated a bit, cut 1" inlets in the posts for the beams, then used 4" angle iron (cut 6" lengths) to hold it all together (a 1/2" bolt and two 3/8" lags on each surface). Machine bolts for metal to metal, and carriage bolts if wood was on one end.

The only electric was from the generator, and no heavy equipment. We stood the walls up with a hand powered rope winch.

Attachments

• Cabin31028 002.jpg
    Cabin31028 002.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
  • Cabin31028 003.jpg
    Cabin31028 003.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
  • Cabin31028 004.jpg
    Cabin31028 004.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
I'll be there barring any emergencies.

New London ferry and 25 minute ride?

Let me know what I can bring. I'd be glad to donate some burgers and dogs, or anything else for that matter.

As of now, I'm bringing a few saws, one buddy, and one large bottle of Advil.
Youre going to drive out to Orient Point to take the ferry ?
PJ Ferry to New Haven, then less than an hour ride might be better ............. no ?

This still is a possibility for me. Not probable, but still possible

I'll be there barring any emergencies.

New London ferry and 25 minute ride?

Let me know what I can bring. I'd be glad to donate some burgers and dogs, or anything else for that matter.

As of now, I'm bringing a few saws, one buddy, and one large bottle of Advil.
Should be barring traffic which I don't see on a sat morning.
Whatever you bring will be much appreciated! Food, saws, knowledge, stories. It's gonna be fun!

PJ Ferry to New Haven, then less than an hour ride might be better ............. no ?

I hope things work out for you to come. I would like to meet you. I always appreciate your input here on the forum.

Finally got my machine home! And I had a thumb welded on! It's gonna make getting organized much easier. Especially with Mel recuperating....
ec87b64ff6aaccfa59eb7cf7138ededf.jpg

That's about as big as it can handle. But it's enough!

IDK, Seemed like a straight shot from the New London Ferry by a map.

If the Port Jeff Ferry has better times and/or is cheaper/quicker, I'll go that route.

Im thinking that it will be 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Latest posts

Back