The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK, Seemed like a straight shot from the New London Ferry by a map.

If the Port Jeff Ferry has better times and/or is cheaper/quicker, I'll go that route.

Im thinking that it will be 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other.
I think the drive to Orient is horrible compared to driving across Connecticuts highways

The Port Jeff ferry goes to Bridgeport, not New Haven. That makes the drive 1-1/2 hrs.
My bad .......... I take the family every year on the PJ ferry and then drive to Quassay, about 50 minutes.

No traffic showed about the same time driving East to the GTG from Bridgeport

Replying so I'll auto watch this thread.

My brother and I will try and make it. I have to go to China for most of October and as long as that trip doesn't spill over into November I will be there.
Can't make Lee's GTG coming up in about a week which is a bummer -- we really wanted to see Lee's collection. We met Lee at the Upstate NY GTG and those big gear drive saws (yellow) w/ the kart racer engines are just too cool.

Just got the 262 back from Randy and it cuts like it's pissed off. I have to confirm but I believe it is KS cylinder (no decomp) with HDA-87 carb we are original owners from 1991.
We can bring that along with the murder 346 (an OE w/ new NE piston/cylinder and muffler mod by Nmurph. Now a favorite for limbing). Will also bring stock 372 XP X-torq new 2012 and a stock 350. Would like to run 262 and 372 side be side for fun. Guys who want to run "the legend" Masterminded 262 have at it.

The other thread mentioned sharpening techniques. Would love to have a "sharpening seminar" to learn from you guys. Bring stump vise or a better yet bring a small bench with bench vise outside. Then we could bring a couple of the custom chain vises Homelite410 (Mike) made. I've got the relief one for husky roller guide and my brother has the heavy duty one for free filing he does chains for people locally and gets repeat business they like his work. But I KNOW we could learn more from some of you chain scientists.

Would also like to see you guys tune up a saw both limited and unlimited coil. I've got a Fast Tach I use.

Hope we can make it. It's great when these GTG's pop up so close by -- straight down 190 and 395 for me is easy just over an hour.

Thanks Mels -- hope we can make it. Hats off to you and Paragon Builder for hosting! If we come up with a food idea we'll bring something. Saw lots of replies after the Upstate NY GTG from Paragon builder but didn't get to meet him would like to put more names with faces this time. See ya.

I am going to try and make this one,it will be my first.I am about a half hour from the PJ fery,so it sounds like a short trip for me.The "how to "demos sounds great to me.What should we bring,besides saws!!
RR
If you want to bring something to eat, great! Otherwise just come and enjoy yourself. If you got any special " skills" that's great too! We've all got something to learn!

You can count me in, Dan. With at least a Dolmar 6100 and Husqy 576 AT. Maybe my freebie '72 Homie 150- don't laugh, the little guy rips. How 'bout an assortment of mauls (5-6.5 lb), since they're now finished for a while? Polesaw is available for infotainment.

Want some sharpening tools, inc. NT grinder? Just need an outlet.

Bore-cutting is fun.

One seat is available in Ford Ranger from area of NY/CT line hear Merritt.

Be good to see you man. Load up your Ranger with show and tell stuff all you want, the more the merrier!
PS yessir there is power.

Guys, I wont be able to get there, sorry.
Company I work for got 3 more properties that need lots of work................. and I mean LOTS !!
Have to get them all winterized ................. I might get two finished in time, the third will freeze if it gets cold early. I have no weekends left untill they are completed. The OT is nice, but the grind continues.

I do hope to see lots of pics and hopefully some videos !

I just found out we may be visiting some family for a few days in Brentwood/Bay Shore. I could probably still go but was just wondering if anyone would want to share a ride, so I wouldn't disappear for the day with the car.

Youz guys got any E-free gas stations up there?

Probably not, as you live in a commie state like me.

I'd like to grab some fuel while I'm up there along the way.
I wish I knew of some. I've been wondering if maybe on the shore near the marinas?
Not sure though.

Latest posts

Back