The Official Michigan GTG (August 22 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys probably would like a start time wouldn't ya:D

Let's shoot for 9am. I should be out of work and home by then

For those of you coming, could you guys possibly bring camp chairs/lawn chairs?

We have some chairs and a picnic table but we want to make sure everyone has a place to rest their rears while they eat.

Also, the cutting will be in a field out back, away from the house. We plan to have a water cooler out back for everyone. We will have some cups, but if you have a water bottle of some sort that would help out too.

The menus is pulled pork, coleslaw, cheesy potatoes and sweet corn.

We will not turn down any food if someone wants to take food to pass. Some guys are bringing a few cases of pop and gateraid, I'll get a few cases of water too.

If anyone likes buns for their pulled pork, I don't think my wife will have time to run into town between now and then, so that's a option too

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum and why not in a thread with a GTG in my own back yard. Just found this thread and hope to maybe check it out. I am pretty green to chainsaw collecting as I just started about a month ago. Probably wont have any saws cutting, but would like to come if things work out schedule wise! I could bring the saws I have so far if anyone wants to see them (all pretty dirty, just as I got them, pretty basic saws too);

Homelite Super XL
Remington Super 770G
Remington SL-11A
Wards (basically Remington PL-4)
Stihl 031AV
Clinton D25
McCulloch 440
Homelite XP-1000

Hope I can make it.

Regards,
Adam

image.jpg
My wife (she's a doll) is picking up some stuff or so she says. I know we have some Lay's ketchup and a bag of dill pickle potato chips and some sweet stuff coming and some pop.
I thought Wendell was bringing the buns?

Unfortunately The Wendell™ Got all uppity and decided that his job and career came before this GTG....

So we need more buns

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum and why not in a thread with a GTG in my own back yard. Just found this thread and hope to maybe check it out. I am pretty green to chainsaw collecting as I just started about a month ago. Probably wont have any saws cutting, but would like to come if things work out schedule wise! I could bring the saws I have so far if anyone wants to see them (all pretty dirty, just as I got them, pretty basic saws too);

Homelite Super XL
Remington Super 770G
Remington SL-11A
Stihl 031AV
Clinton D25
McCulloch 440
Homelite XP-1000

Hope I can make it.

Regards,
Adam

There's nothing basic about a Remington 770 gear drive and a Homelite XP-1000. Nice scores

Hello,

Homelite Super XL
Remington Super 770G
Remington SL-11A
Stihl 031AV
Clinton D25
McCulloch 440
Homelite XP-1000

Hope I can make it.

Regards,
Adam

Where are you at?

You have a nice collection for starting out.

Yeah, I saw you where around Hamilton. Figured I might be able to run up there quick at least for a bit. Saturday is pretty busy, and my dear wife doesn't condone the fact that I am starting a new hobby. It has become very addicting just thinking that there might be that jewel in a shed waiting to be had for a song. Silver lining to that is she doesn't condemn it. Yet!

I am not sure I mentioned it here or not, but I'm planning on having a buy, sell, trade area. If you guys have something you want to get rid of, bring it on over.

I'll have a bunch of lightly used chain I picked up from a dealer this summer, a HF ultrasonic cleaner, probably a P60, along with a pile of used bars to dig through.

I know some guys from SH are bringing some saws and whatnot too.

Latest posts

Back