the perfect combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upandcommer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright so i finally got a big saw that runs and cuts so me and the son (8 year old) decided to go a second cord for the weekend. Took the new Jonsereds 920 and the trusty old 018c. Wow what a combo the jonsereds dropped and chunked 2 22" ash trees in a single tank the 018c (son ran) limbed the first while I blocked the second. My only problem now is how to get the chunks to jump on the tilt trailer. In 2 hours the only way I would have cut for an hour and loaded for an hour and went home now I cut for 1/2 hour and then loaded for an hour and a half and had to leave some behind cause the trailer started to sag. so is the 85cc 32cc the ultimate combo or is it just me the 018c has a picco micro 14" .43 guage bar and new chain the jonsereds has a 24" 3/8 .50 bar and new chain as well and I almost didn't notice the weight difference of the 920 over my homelite or my stihl both only 50 cc saws.

Ah yes, another 920 fan!

That saw must have been considered a great power to weight unit in it's day. IMO it still stacks up pretty well in that department against todays saws. If you run across a parts saw don't let it get away. Most parts for them are NLA.

I'd love to hear that old girl in action.

I think and you will agree as you stay a little longer that you need a 50-60cc saw to fill out the mix.

It does sound like a nice combo having one guy drop and chop the trees and another one with a limb saw limbing it up.

as far as loading the trailer you have a son right?:)

Back