the president of all chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good bar & chain and a WildThing will actually cut. The saw itself is just a power source, the chain does the actual cutting.

anyway you look at it the wild thingy is a turd. yes i have one its my beater saw for when people ask to borrow one ha. i have an 028 av thats probly older than me and its still kicking :censored: and has never had engine work. show me a wild thingy that can do that

Greatest availability and best value bar none. If you can find a town in America that doesn't sell these, then better pinch yourself cause you're in dreamland. Yup, it's the saw that professionals would use if they were just a bit smarter. . .

190995_lg.jpg

If your gonna get the presedent of saws, you should also get a presedential bar.
wildthing.jpg

Greatest availability and best value bar none. If you can find a town in America that doesn't sell these, then better pinch yourself cause you're in dreamland. Yup, it's the saw that professionals would use if they were just a bit smarter. . .

190995_lg.jpg

In between studying for tests with nothing to do, eh Space? :givebeer:

I dunno, the new Mac has a flame sticker job and is yellow and orange, much more "manly" color scheme. Purple and lime green is just so, ghay. No offense meant if you really are ghay and have a Wild Thingie.

Maybe Poulan should do one in flat black with chrome bolts and nuts for the goth crowd.

Mark

I dunno, the new Mac has a flame sticker job and is yellow and orange, much more "manly" color scheme. Purple and lime green is just so, ghay. No offense meant if you really are ghay and have a Wild Thingie.
Mark
When I see a brand new wild thing in a store, it reminds me of a new born baby, you just want to pick it up & hold it. But you know you have to be careful because it's so delicate & not strong enough for rough usage, so you gently lay it back down & just admire it.

Last edited:
Maybe Poulan should do one in flat black with chrome bolts and nuts for the goth crowd.

I sould buy a beat up WT and paint it flat black with Fusion spray paint, and paint all the fasteners chrome. It could be my crap job, stump and railroad tie cutting saw. It'd be a conversation piece if nothing else.

No way!

No way the, Wild Thing has anything on this saw it just does not have the Bling factor!:) I have used my 2550 allot and it wont die. I find it has just as much jam as the 295 I have maybe more! And unlike the Wild Thing it is a very smooth cutting saw thanks to all them springs in the Anti vibe.Good thing is it sticks out on the forest floor!
But I have had good luck with mine never gave me any trouble.Other than how it came tuned out of the box. But to many here who needs a dealer to tune there saw's? And No problems with the Intenze bar.As most As readers know how to tune a saw?

Last edited:

Mark

didnt they do tha for an aniversary type special addition version?

in any event, i have a craftsman type of the poulan pro for rough dirty work, i almost felt ike a tax cheat/criminal when i bought a new bar/chain combo(~$60) for it and charged the expense back to the company....

seriously though, for the guy that only has to trim his tree after the winter or cutting up a couple of sticks for fireplace use its probably ok.... any piece of equipment that has on the front of the user manual 'occasional use only' is suspect.

No way the, Wild Thing has anything on this saw it just does not have the Bling factor!:) I have used my 2550 allot and it wont die. I find it has just as much jam as the 295 I have maybe more! And unlike the Wild Thing it is a very smooth cutting saw thanks to all them springs in the Anti vibe.Good thing is it sticks out on the forest floor!
But I have had good luck with mine never gave me any trouble.Other than how it came tuned out of the box. But to many here who needs a dealer to tune there saw's? And No problems with the Intenze bar.As most As readers know how to tune a saw?

:cheers:

190995_lg.jpg

Biggest pile of junk ever put on a Wal-mart shelf. Great for sales though, buy one, buy two, then wise up and buy a real saw, hail to the people that love the Wild Thing,hehe

Demi told me you are out playing with that 372 more than her and
asked if I would come over play with her. Thall my conscience gots to me
though and had to tell her no and that it was my fault for the new toy.

Demi told me you are out playing with that 372 more than her and
asked if I would come over play with her. Thall my conscience gots to me
though and had to tell her no and that it was my fault for the new toy.

Hahaha, that old saw hasn't been started in months. I do got it all cleaned up though. Its all shiny and pruty but depressed that them Stihl's are getting all the booty(wood to cut),LOLOL

Every so often when I am starting up my 090 after it has been sitting awhile it will belch smoke, backfire and out will pop a little purple and green thing. I just thought it was indigestion but now I know what it is.

Every so often when I am starting up my 090 after it has been sitting awhile it will belch smoke, backfire and out will pop a little purple and green thing. I just thought it was indigestion but now I know what it is.

Yup clear case of lack of, that saw needs wood to cut!!!!

BTW, 45 for the day yesterday ole boy, my azz was dragging by days end..

BTW, 45 for the day yesterday ole boy, my azz was dragging by days end..[/QUOTE]

Dang thems good numbers. They oughta do somthin nice for ya after a performance like that, like maybe find you a demo 660 with no wear&tear and then practically give it to you. When I was in there I thought about stayin for a bit , but the way you was movin I thought "lordy i'll just be in the way".
Those customers just got caught up in the moment with that purty stihl display trailer there and all.

Back