The Rarest of the 6 cube P series Pioneers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife has had a pacemaker for over 15 years.........it's not been a big problem.

That's good to know. There doing an ablasion for the second time, if it don't work, the pacemaker is next. Could be as soon as the morning if it slows too much.

Thank you Sir. This is the 2nd in the last 4 months. If it don't work, the next step is pacemaker. :(

I hope she comes through fine. You'll have to keep her away from the BP655s though. Just tell her it's for her own good.

My wife has had a pacemaker for over 15 years.........it's not been a big problem.

My aunt died in her sleep a few years ago at age 47 from undiagnosed congenital heart condition. A pacemaker would have kept her alive.

That's good to know. There doing an ablasion for the second time, if it don't work, the pacemaker is next. Could be as soon as the morning if it slows too much.

She was a bit freaked out when the battery started going south in it. It goes into a mode that increases heart rate so you know somethings up. Again, not a huge thing........20 minutes to swap out the unit for a newer one.

The great thing is that the advances in medicine have made these procedures quick and simple.

I'll send up a prayer to the Creator and ask for some help here Ed.

Best wishes for you and your wife Ed. I hope all goes well. I'll PM you about the parts. Thanks!

Ok guys, I'm a little confused about the model numbers on these saws and I know you guys can straighten it out.

My first saw is PP655 and it's Poulan yellow. Obviously it's a true 655 and the cylinder even has boost ports. No questions here.

The other is PR062 AX? and it's also Poulan yellow. I'm assuming it's a P62 but why is it the wrong color?

Sorry if the model number is slightly off, I should have taken a picture.

Ok guys, I'm a little confused about the model numbers on these saws and I know you guys can straighten it out.

My first saw is PP655 and it's Poulan yellow. Obviously it's a true 655 and the cylinder even has boost ports. No questions here.

The other is PR062 AX? and it's also Poulan yellow. I'm assuming it's a P62 but why is it the wrong color?

Ok now that I'm in the shop with them in front of me they are:

PR0655

PR062 EX

Cool saw Ed, you have good luck hunting down cool old saws in great shape.
Prayers sent for the wife!
Kevin

The honeymoon saw ran for the first time in Iowa tonight. After pulling the jug to fix the spark plug threads and a quick squish band cut and porting. Hopefully I'll be able to test it this week vs. the stock 655BP.

View attachment 281569

The P62 was the last model made before the pioneer/ partner merger but they were still made in partner yellow for awhile before the P65 came along.

Good evening folks.
Perhaps I'm a bit optimistic following on from the last post in 2013, but it's worth a try.

I have a Poulan Pro P65 with a 38" bar and its been a great saw.

With that said the compression is now low after frustratingly being worked very hard with an impropper fuel mix.

I'm hoping to rebuild her. Does anyone have any reccomendations for what I should be replacing and where I might find parts?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20180409_205309.jpg
    20180409_205309.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Can you post some pic's of the saw. First thing I would do is remove the muffler and
take a look at the piston. You stating improper fuel mix leads me to think you may
have a damaged piston with some scoring. If that's the case you may need a new
piston and rings kit and possibly a cylinder. Pistons can some times be found on ebay.
Cylinders are a bit more tough to find and you would need to know if yours is a boost
port cylinder or not. Your cylinder if damaged can also be replated. It's expensive but
it some times is the only option. I have had many done.
It would also be a good time to do crank seals, carb kit, fuel line and filters. Kinda
like giving the saw a good tune up.

I like your plan for the outside spike, cgraham. That's just what my P42 always needed and what my P45 needs now. Smaller dawgs, of course.
I've loved my Pioneers for a long time.

Partner versions of this powerhead were sold in limited numbers as a cutoff saw. If you have an old construction equipment dealer local, see what they have.

Back