The Redundant Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have put some time in there, always had a real good time. I have attended some of the regional`s as well up and down Cali, hippies generally get a bum wrap...LOL Been to many of the Hotsprings as well, many far off the beaten path.

Looks like it, I have 36,000 gallons of a festering mess. Pool guy said it would be cheaper to drain and refill the pool than buy the chemicals to clear it.
I'm glad mine wasn't that bad. Will the water company give you a break on filling it back up? We got an discount when we filled ours. But a lot smaller at 24,000 gallons

I'm glad mine wasn't that bad. Will the water company give you a break on filling it back up? We got an discount when we filled ours. But a lot smaller at 24,000 gallons

Looks like we have a leak, it is dropping an inch each day that equates to a loss of 500 gallons daily.

Poles and post logs are an art, not science. Here they do not pay you for pole and post logs until they are somewhat cured and straight, as opposed to pond price paid for saw and peeler logs when you drop them off at the mill. You making a log house or lodge with those?

We used to use drawknives on much smaller stuff than what they're working on. I think they might be using saws.

We used to use small fir trees to make trolling poles for commercial salmon trollers. Lengths vary, the bigger the boat, the longer the pole. But they had to be long & skinny, with quite a bit of taper from butt to tip. Most trollers nowadays have aluminum poles. There's still some wood ones, some guys say they actually "fish" better.

Are those big long checks of no concern, John?

A slower, controlled (within reason) drying process would help curb the problem somewhat?
All of the logs were standing dead from beatle kill. Some of the bark is really tight and some barb comes off easy.
First you peel with a spud or draw knife then the log gets planed. It's a tough go. Losing my winter fat. Lol.

It's for a log house. Most of the sticks have 20" butts and 10" tips at 32' +. Some bigger spruce is coming in from Alaska for another house. Hopefully easier to peel.

We have lots of Killdeers around here, but I never realized they had just big eyes.

I showed wifey the pic & asked her if she knew they had such big eyes. She says "nope, cuz they're always runnin".

Ya know? When a woman's right...she's right.

Latest posts

Back