The Redundant Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering how a battery powered Makita planer would work.
they work well but not long. What you need is a Honda EU1000 generator to power your planer. They are silent and sip fuel. You will not be able to hear it above the sound of the planer. The generator you are using eats gas and is loud. It has more capacity than you need.

The Honda inverter generators don't stand up to long use. They aren't industrial enough.
I dunno...I have only had mine for 25 years...I have done nothing but add gas and change the oil. I used mine a lot last year powering drills and saws building a rather large cow barn. It still has the original spark plug.after.JPG

The Honda inverter generators don't stand up to long use. They aren't industrial enough.

Yep...we had a inverter EC 6500 Honda on the job....pretty nice unit...pretty pricey too....but not heavy duty....damn thing didn't even have an oil filter.....we were running it 24/7....had to change the oil every 5 days...it was worked pretty hard during the day but at night it just kept the K-1 heaters going.....by the end of that job it was about done...still ran but wouldn't pull the loads nearly as well.......nothing like a Northern Lights, Kubota or Onan.....

it is lik
I could only get a year out of the eu1000 and 2000 ,but this ex2500 just keeping running 24/7. The eu's are great on fuel though.
I have not used mine 24/7. Probably only 100 hours per year. Probably only 2500 hours. It will most likely outlive me. It is one of the most satisfying tools I have purchased. It was a little expensive but it kept my motor home charged up and warm when it was 20 below zero. That is worth a lot.

Found out PaDans secret today. Right in the middle of two ported Stihl's is a jug of Husqvarna bar oil. No wonder them baby's run so good. Thanks for letting me take them for a spin this afternoon. View attachment 425781
Anytime John! Wait till I use up all that $5 Tractor Supply Husqvarna oil and I can start on the Walmart Poulan Pro $4 gallons! Cant wait to get out on another job with you! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me today! I start on the deck tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back