The result's are in!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I have great climber's that love their MS200T's.
They don't know I have some in a box in the office.
Even though we are using synthetic mix, their saw's will eventually need to be replaced.
Several month's months ago, I replaced a climber's 200 for a 201.
He did not like it. He said it is ok for light trimming.
Well, today he used the new Echo CS355T. He loved it.
After lunch, I gave it to another climber. He loved it.
Of 6 climber's that tried it, all 6 want this saw instead of the 201.
So, Any of you guy's try one?
Jeff

so each just ran for a small amount of time??? my 200 is ready to retire, and i don't think i can wait on a t540 and the 330's and 360's just won't do it for me well they will but i just like a little more power...

results r in...

so soon?:msp_unsure:
wonder how that saw will be running 1/2 a year from now??:confused:...
hey... i know... why dont you tell us?:msp_w00t:

Last edited:

Like trash , that's how they will be running after the first time they take a hard bump , or get left in the truck to often laying on there sides ! :hmm3grin2orange:

Guys I'll be the first to say the 330 and 360t is and will always be a backup saw, their a little under powered their plastics seems hard but their durability imho is good and they do start easy. Lets give em some time and if my 200 lays down today what are my options? Hey give it to echo their trying for what it's worth... oh i don't like echos either.

I wonder what the difference is between the 355t and the 360t? The 360t has 36.3cc and the 355t has 35.8.

I have been looking for a new saw and really didnt want to spend 600 on a saw I wont be happy with. I just talked to a echo dealer here and he said he can order me one monday for 425.

I'm sure the 201t will be running better than the echo and better than it was when it was new. Gotta break em in!

I have 2 200's and one 330 that I bought for a back-up for the 020 that I once owned. The echo never gets used in the trees anymore. Occasionally sits near the chipper if I'm running 2 crews.

From what I understand the 201's are not too bad once they're broken in. Even great once modded.

Hopefully by the time one of my 200's pack it in, the longivity question of the 335t will have been answered.:msp_biggrin:

Come on Jeff, I know you have at least one 201.:laugh:

I am not suprised that guys could choose the 355 (or 360t) over the 201.

The 360t here is about 800 US dollars less than the price of the ms200/ms201

We run both 360t's and MS200's.

One of my guys who is hardest and roughest on saws, I gave a second hand 360t 2 years ago.
The muffler has rattled loose twice. hes been through a handful of chains and a bar. It has not required any parts.

The guy he works around mostly in the same time with his MS200 has been through starter cords, starter recoil, clutch springs, chain break handle, a carb, a kit, an oil cap, and a AV mount. When his saw goes down he grabs the other guys echo and uses that.

I started in trees using 3400 echos. They were good saws. Rugged and dependable. They were the toyota camry to the Stihls BMW. Now the the 360 and 355 its getting closer to being lexus's, and the stihls not getting better, I can see echo making some real inroads with guys who buy based on cost and performance, not just because of brand loyalty.

Dont get me wrong, I love my MS200's, we have about a dozen of them (including one still in its box) but if Im looking at new top handles to replace my MS200t's, the echos are looking better and better.

I have nothen to say but good things about my echo 330, now that it's dialed in. A bigger, stronger,more powerfull top handled echo, especially, if built professional grade could be a game changer. That being said I just got a brand new 201t yesterday. Going to do a muffler mod and see if I can figure out how to advance the timing, suppose to really bring out the power on these saws to equal a 200t.

My local stihl dealer just lost their stihl license. It was a pretty big store, but they were also selling competing products and stihl didn't like it so they didn't renew their dealership and instead gave it to someone else. The going rate for a 200T in aus was $1549, when the 201T came out it was $1299. When the dealer lost their license, they were left with a bunch of saws and other gear that stihl wouldnt take back. They sold most of it pretty quick but were left holding a dozen 201t's for months. Nobody wanted them. They finally decided to cut their losses, since they weren't a stihl dealer anymore there was nothing to stop them discounting, so they sent out text messages to all the tree companies;

'red hot special! 201T $998 while stocks last'

I couldn't resist and had to give them a call.... They were real excited that I was calling up to ask about the special. But they got kind of confused when I asked them whether they would be paying me by cash or cheque. The penny dropped eventually.

Shaun

I used my ECHO CS355T for the first time today on a job. I used it with the 16"bar and to be honest it performed way beyond my expectations. I knew it was supposed to be a really good saw but it's really nothing short of the perfect top handle for a pro. Most saws start easy these days but this one takes the cake and that new palm rest feature should be standard on all top handles, cutting with this saw up in the canopy is as easy as writing your own name with a ball ink pen. I recommend this saw to anyone who's serious about their work and need a saw they can depend on, The price is right too without compromising ergonomics, power and durability. So ask yourself this question why pay more for less?:msp_confused:

Back