The Thanksgiving Day "what are you thankful for" thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thank full for all my friends here and the ones that have helped in the firewood ministry that has helped so many people in the area where i live. Without you too many would be out picking up sticks along side the road in order to keep themselves or their children warm. I thank you all for being in my life.

I'm thankful that Cody and Amanda are good kids and not strung out on drugs. That I live in the USA where we have no state religion. That there is still Indians living among us, that we Europeans did not kill them all and that not every Indian is doomed to live on a reservation. I glad to have many friends, animals, and yes even chainsaws. I am very happy that I am still vertical and healthy enough to work hard. And I am happy there is a big dead bird in the kitchen waiting to be baked.

I am thankful for God, Family, Friends, and the Freedom this country allows for us to do as we damn well please!

Guns & Saws! err Saws & Guns! and health, family, freedom. ...stuff like that

29l0en6.jpg

Really? A member of this community shares that news, the the news that has gutted him and this is your response. Don't be such a ****ing jerk. Bryanr, I don't know you but I hope people who do know you reach out to you and you will have shoulders to lean on and I hope you can find some reprieve from your situation in a constructive way.

I was just talkin to my dad and said..hey pops you remember the guy i bought the 064 from ? He said ya..i said his wife screwed around on him and guys are jackin him off about it..

His response :
Kid..dildos come in all shapes sizes and colors..just like the people that resemble them.

Bummer steve..keep your head up man !

I'm thankful for my Christian heritage, my family, and my country. I'm thankful for the memories my late father left me. I'm particularly thankful for the wonderful partner God gave me in my wife. After 26 years, she's still a constant, faithful, and supportive companion. I'm so thankful for my daughter that turns 16 on Sunday. She was born premature, weighing only 3# 1 oz. She is perfectly healthy.

I was just talkin to my dad and said..hey pops you remember the guy i bought the 064 from ? He said ya..i said his wife screwed around on him and guys are jackin him off about it..

His response :
Kid..dildos come in all shapes sizes and colors..just like the people that resemble them.

Bummer steve..keep your head up man !
Have a great Thanksgiving Ryan. Sounds like something my dad or uncle would say. Gotta love the old guys

Have a great Thanksgiving Ryan. Sounds like something my dad or uncle would say. Gotta love the old guys

Thanks jon..ive got a crew of OG guys around me that have some good ones to say the least..my first summer after high school humpin lumber to frame those houses for my dad and his crew was an edumacation...ill take you guys to shafton to meet george ed..aka" gunga din "..hes 88 and drinks a case a day..you might piss yourself laughin...happy holidays to you as well my man

Thank you so much...

At this point all I can ask for is prayers. She, her husband, and his dad are safe and that's all that matters today. Tomorrow we can start to worry about the material things.

I don't know what sizes they are, but if you'd like a care package of good clothing I'll see what we can come up with.

I'm thankful for 2014 being much better than 2012 and 2013 were. Business is getting better, my health is improving, and we're on the rebound. God has blessed me after some trials, and I'm thankful to have trusted in Him and made it through.

Well, in what state would you be if you just learned last night around midnight that your wife of seven years and mother of your children, is cheating on you? That's a rhetorical question.

Sorry bud...... words from me aren't gonna help your situation. Praying that you and your wife can work things out. I can attest toGod being able to work miracles in people's lives.

I don't know what sizes they are, but if you'd like a care package of good clothing I'll see what we can come up with.
Much appreciated but they've gotten tons of help from family and friends so far. I set up a donation for them at GoFundMe that has gotten well over $2000 in 5 hrs.

I hope to talk to her later today. If anything is needed I will let you know. I can't begin to express how good it feels to have complete strangers step up and offer help.

I am thankful for Family, Friends, Faith, and CAD.

They have all been a helpful distraction from the loss of my best friend/ father, whom I worked with, and for these last 23 years, and now with his passing, and the change in the hierarchy I will be losing my job on January 1st.

Oh well, without him the job is just a job.

I hope if we were in the same place, someone'd look after us in kind. Insurance and donations are good, but that doesn't keep 'em warm tonight. If they need something to get by until other resources are freed up, I'll do what I can to help. We're in the Twin Cities and could get a package on a bus if they're too far out. I'm guessing Greyhound is running today.

I am thankful for Family, Friends, Faith, and CAD.

They have all been a helpful distraction from the loss of my best friend/ father, whom I worked with, and for these last 23 years, and now with his passing, and the change in the hierarchy I will be losing my job on January 1st.

Oh well, without him the job is just a job.

I'm sorry to hear that Jon. Maybe a new start would be good?

Back