The Thanksgiving Day "what are you thankful for" thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankful for God, family , health .country wishing all as members and there families a wonderful thanksgiving

I hope if we were in the same place, someone'd look after us in kind. Insurance and donations are good, but that doesn't keep 'em warm tonight. If they need something to get by until other resources are freed up, I'll do what I can to help. We're in the Twin Cities and could get a package on a bus if they're too far out. I'm guessing Greyhound is running today.
They're surrounded by family so they have a place to stay for the foreseeable future (they're in rural Superior, WI). Her FIL is a minister so I'm sure the local help is already in place.

Again, I'm humbled by your offer and can't adequately express my gratitude except to say thank you... you're a good man Charlie Brown. ;)

Being 1600 miles from her makes me feel just a little helpless...

Thankful for God, my father, the dog lulu and especially my inspiring mother who is very lucky to be alive after her recent hospital stays. The other day it was her first day stepping in a store for 44 days! I'm extremely thankful this year.

Praise God!! The year when I was 51, reading His Word, He woke me up. He took away my blindness to see that Satan had been running my life and I NEEDED deliverance from Satan's power. At least 6 times in my life I should have died but He kept me alive! THANK God!!!
Thanks also that He allows me to live in this place of quiet and easy living.

WOW...that is GREAT!
I could offer a hearty AMEN to that testimony!

Well, in what state would you be if you just learned last night around midnight that your wife of seven years and mother of your children, is cheating on you? That's a rhetorical question.
Sorry to hear that, this is tough and there are tough times ahead of you. Start strategizing for the divorce.

Please follow this one piece of advice keep the kids out of it. Never run their mother down no matter how mad you are. They will figure it out.

David

thanks for the thoughts guys. I chose to delete my post. Im on AS alot I dont want to stumble across this or reflect on it when here. I appreciate your support. Im not throwing in the towel on my marriage, too many good times over the years. And I have to think of my kids and not wanting them to grow up as a statistic in a broken home. Over the coming months I guess it will be a time for self evaluation and reflection, maybe even have some growth as a person. Not much makes sense at the moment, Im picking the whole thing apart in my head. If you guys would be so kind to delete any post made in response to my post for the simple fact that I dont want to read my post quoted. Headed over to my MIL with the family, tomorrow is another day. I was quick to post out of hurt and anger, but dont really want my situation out there for everyone to see.

thanks
steven

Steven, I do very much believe God will never give someone more than they can handle. I don't believe I have shared publicly but 7 years ago my wife died very suddenly leaving me and my two little angels. They were 7 and 9 at the time.

Throwing in the towel has never been a phrase in my vocabulary and I live to show that to my kids. You have a long row ahead of you brother. Dig in man. If you ever want to chat send me a note. I will call you. I have faith in you.

I'm thankful for my little girls, for their mother choosing to leave our lives so that we might grow without her negative influence. As hard as a year it has been on the three of us, we are surviving and learning to be happy without her. This is our first thanksgiving since she bailed and it is a great one

Thankful for a great family, 2 fabulous kids, a great wife of 22 yrs.
Some nice saws:chainsaw: and 11 cords of dry wood for the winter.
Most of all I'm thankful to my Lord, who calls me his own and who has given more "second"chances to me than I care to admit.

And thankful also for all you clowns on AS.:D

thanks for the thoughts guys. I chose to delete my post. Im on AS alot I dont want to stumble across this or reflect on it when here. I appreciate your support. Im not throwing in the towel on my marriage, too many good times over the years. And I have to think of my kids and not wanting them to grow up as a statistic in a broken home. Over the coming months I guess it will be a time for self evaluation and reflection, maybe even have some growth as a person. Not much makes sense at the moment, Im picking the whole thing apart in my head. If you guys would be so kind to delete any post made in response to my post for the simple fact that I dont want to read my post quoted. Headed over to my MIL with the family, tomorrow is another day. I was quick to post out of hurt and anger, but dont really want my situation out there for everyone to see.

thanks
steven
prayers for you my friend, it happened to me too, so I know your a little bit about your pain.
give me a holler if I can help, later cobey

I'm thankful for God, my family, and all the wonderful blessings that come along with both of those things. I'm also pretty thankful for the ham that's cooking on my smoker at this very moment.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
:) hows your very nice saws doing, and your new one :)

Thankful for all the blessing God has given me, most of all His saving grace. But otherwise my beautiful wife two beautiful and healthy daughters whom day by day are getting off more and more meds. Have both parents in town for all three Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Who can forget all you guys here on AS. Thanks for the knowledge and advice gentlemen.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Im thankful for my Lord and saviour, wife, the ministry, our church, , family, my wonderful friends and wonderful sawing friends ....
everything done to help me, cause I cant do it myself :)

Latest posts

Back