The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slowp
Another two and a half hours spent semi-upside down with a rubber thingy blocking my will to live at the dentist. I figure a shot of Jack Daniels for each hour plus one for the half and I am starting now.

It was hell....Much better to spend a day out in a pouring rain, where you can at least run away from icky things....whaaaaah.

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Another two and a half hours spent semi-upside down with a rubber thingy blocking my will to live at the dentist. I figure a shot of Jack Daniels for each hour plus one for the half and I am starting now.

It was hell....Much better to spend a day out in a pouring rain, where you can at least run away from icky things....whaaaaah.

When you go to Slowp's dentist Uren for a lot of pain. Sorry Patty, must be the meds. Yeah, that's it. I haven't taken any for a couple of days so it must be a flash-back.

slowp
Be nice. He's one of the less painful dentists I've been to. Second only to a just out of the Air Force guy who would sneak quietly into the room to see what magazine you chose. Long fingers on that one.

Now, my mom took us to a cheap orthodontist who actually bruised. But he was cheap and accepted payments that she could afford.

Waiting for the whisky to work. My nerves are shot. I can't even stand to file my fingernails so that dremmel on the teeth is hard to deal with. Whine whine whine, do yer stuff. That's a song.

serial feller

serial feller

ArboristSite Operative
Now, my mom took us to a cheap orthodontist who actually bruised.

Your lucky! My mom was so cheap she took my little brother and me to the dental college and let the students work us over! After they were done we would have to sit there in the chair with the jaws of life cranked up, holding our mouths wide open, until the professor came to grade their work. Sometimes that took a while depending on where we were in the que.

redprospector

redprospector

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok, I was trying to keep from being associated with a whining thread. But when Patty started whining about the dentist............well...............
The last time I went to the dentist, almost 20 years ago, I didn't have hardly any money and no insurance. I had 3 jaw teeth that were really hurting, especially when I ate, drank, or breathed. A buddy of mine took me to Juarez Mexico, said he used a real good dentist over there and he was real cheap.
The receptionist was a very well endowed young senorita, that was wearing a VERY low cut blouse, and a VERY short skirt. She said that they could remove the problem teeth for $20 each. My buddy neglected to tell me that nether of the people there was the dentist, turns out they were just his helpers. :msp_scared:
Well the mahem that ensued made me think of the 3 stooges when they were playing dentist. Long story short, my roots wraped around my jaw bone so the teeth didn't come out so easily. The teeth were sitting on top of the nerves, so the 11 shots of novacane didn't take affect until the teeth were out. In the end the well endowed young senorita was sitting in my lap with a cold chisel, and a ball pien hammer. I was not impressed.
I spit slivers of jaw bone out for 6 months after that, and I haven't been to a dentist since. :laugh:

Andy

forestryworks

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll join.

I gotta get all 4 wisdom teeth taken out at Winter Break.

They say you're supposed to have them out by the time you're 21 and I'm 27!

Gonna take a flask of Talisker with me.

slowp
The wisdom teeth thing was done by a dentist who never gave us enough novacain. He looked at the x-ray and said "Oh God!" Then the fun began. I was feeling it, and sweating and heard, "I'm worried. Are you all right?" Then "I could give you more novacain but we've almost got it." (I'm feeling sick from writing this.)

They got it. Then others at later appointments. I was convinced that you could not go to the dentist without intense pain...then I had an emergency here and discovered this guy. He didn't hurt and didn't scrimp on novacain. His office used to be in the same building as the One Stop mini mart and Laundromat so you could do laundry and go to the dentist.

When I moved back, he had moved to a location between the library and the Big Bottom Tavern--maybe even a better location!

Greystoke

Greystoke

Tarzan
Need a little help firing back at tree huggers and just all around dip####s!

[video=youtube;HdgMcbNwZ3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdgMcbNwZ3o&lc=iH6FkqNkjU_RLyZQFOZdQYe-23_S-9T7FX9qJS9RHtI&feature=inbox[/video]
Have not been on here in a while, but I need to whine. I put this video on youtube, and decided to leave comments open for folks that are not true morons, but I am ####ing sick and tired of all the dip####s that are posting squallor on my video, and don't have the time to respond to all of them. How bout some help from you good folks! I wish I could reach through a computer screen and dole out some ass whoopins to some of these nit-wits!

slowp
You can't argue with stupid. I do it on the hiking forum. I know they consider me to be stupid. That's the way of the world.

This video, which I haven't been able to watch all of because my internet seems to be lethargic this morning, has inspired me to call some friends and see if I can look at the Christmas Trees gone wild patch.

When the one guy reached for the handle to help, the video stopped to load. I had a flashback to the GOL last week when my "partner" reached to grab the tip of my bar, which through the tree. The instructor was quick with his axe handle, and I was so ingrained from my FS cutting that I put the chain brake on so no hand was cut off.

Chill Cody. Just think, you've inspired me to go look at some trees to cut! That's a good thing.

I will take some ibuprofen because my tooth is still whine worthy. But no whiskey!

Greystoke

Greystoke

Tarzan
But no whiskey!

You don't know what your missin! Everybody needs to spend some time at a logging camp in Alaska...whiskey is the cure all :msp_rolleyes: As for the dip####'s postin squallor on my video...I just discovered the "block user" feature! What works here works there too.

Last edited:

Latest posts