The wife said 'you need a bigger one'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm382

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I think I tend to agree with her on this one.

I am thinking of getting one of those skip tooth chains I have been reading about here, just for these size logs. :dunno:

A bigger saw is not in the budget for this year.
New lawn mower and tractor is first.
no the saw was not stuck but i did find a nail in the darn thing about 6" down on the second cut..........:mad:
now i have bandades on thumb and first finger but..........the good news is i sure did get those chains sharp.....:D

Bigger saw or skip tooth or smaller logs :D

DSC04096small.jpg

DSC04095small.jpg

THIS ALL HAPPEND TODAY.

DSC04097small.jpg

Oh, and a 372XP will give you a wonderful 3 saw plan
:chainsawguy:
to compliment the Stihls you already have- Go "All Orange":hmm3grin2orange: .

AHHHH you funny fellows…..:hmm3grin2orange:

Just normal everyday lawn mowing, might have had something to do with previous owner and a wielding rod. Was planning on new one in the spring anyway, but now it looks like Monday.. Dixie Chopper dealer here I come.

RDT what part ya from? We are just south of Indy.

And what exactly is RSF?

Yep the place we get this stuff from the wife has made friends with the lady in the office and the loader/operator. They/he holds stuff back just for us…costs me a few bottles of booze around Christmas time but it’s worth it. :biggrinbounce2:

nothing like sawing in your own back yard, now if I could just get a tractor/loader to lift the darn things.

Lordy, that's like 1,000 lbs of log!! I'm just spitballing here but I'm thinking it would have been easier to cut it up where you found it.

Thanks for the pics.... they're excellent.... very high entertainment value!

$700 for a husky?????? :jawdrop:

wow. well with elect heat costing me $300 a month and $400 when it gets REALLY cold, guess it could be worth it.
Planning on a 'big' saw in the spring also, but mower is first.

but i will stick with Sthil most likely :dunno:

MS 441 Mag..$820 w/28" :jawdrop: x 2......

well RDT why don't you bring a BIG saw up here to the Observitory tommrow and cut this log up for me....:biggrinbounce2:

I'm just spitballing here but I'm thinking it would have been easier to cut it up where you found it.
not when the guy on the BIG loader drops it on the trailer for ya.....

Last edited:
You need Andre up there to help you. He would throw that around like a ball bat. Nice pics. Bummer on tractor.We have a Dixie at work. Forget model but I like their slogan about being the fastest.:)

That logs would be the wet dream for Johnny's Red 2171 or an Orange 372XP.
If you prefer a lemon, you must buy a Stihl. Can't help you with anything but oranges ;)

Okay you guys have mentined two saws, Johnny's Red 2171 or an Orange 372XP.
i know the debate of which saw is the best is a long running arugument and we will never have EVERYONE agree. but really is Sthil really # 3 out there??

HEY! RDT?
does Ace sell Skip tooth chains for the Sthil?

Last edited:
I think they may be #4 behind Dolmar 7900.
Wife said I need a bigger one too...oh you mean chainsaw...lol
Great pics...good luck w/ getting a bigger one and welding that axle back together.

I would check with Ricks

he might have some skip. I might have a loop of skip you can have,.It will be .375 .50 72DL

Im not sure what they have in stock anymore. I work up in Indy and usually go to the dealer close to my work. Might give em a call. Or like ericjeeper said try Rick's next to Bender lumber. Not sure of his hours though. If I didnt have plans Id come help cut it up today. Ive got a couple saws to try out. Let me know if you find anything. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back