they come in pairs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just picked up these to for dirt cheap. both a re project/parts saws
i picked up the little one thinkin it was an 026 but i got home and its seems to have shrunk and only has one bar stud, it has an adjustable H carb that im hopeing will work on my 026

the bigger one is were the funs at, im pretty sure its a 440 or 046 im thinkn more towards 046 because of the carb box this saw is complete minus chaincase and plastic. looks to have very little run time when it seized up

attachment.php

anyways thats what i got. the little one ill send off or trade for maybe 3003 20 25" bar if anyones interested in it for parts. it wont be runners becase it looks like it got ran over, its cracked all to crud where the handle bolts on the chaincase side.

theyre actualy much cleaner then my 044/084 pair was when i drug them home

its a shame so many saws get negleted and left for the dump

Share the wealth. I wished I could come across these saws. Keep us posted on the rebuild and of course the more pics the better.

its a 440.

i tore the top off of it bottom end is tight and i think i might just do bigbore or acid clean the cylinder. but im kinda tired of acid cleaning this will be the 4th cylinder ive acid cleaned, offcourse ill acid scrub it to see if its salvagable before i do anything.

Nice saws there. Speaking of good deals my pops found a 460 laying in the road earlier this week. Will post some pics later. Gonna try to fix it. It was on it's way to the landfill. ;)

do the 026 and 024 share the same carbs, thats pretty much all i want off of it.

it has score across the exhaust port but im pretty sure the cylinder is savable aswell as the tank/handle, un foutently the lower in end wasted due get run off or a tree falling on it or something.
i probly shouldnt have bought it.

im very pleased to find i finaly have 71cc 12mm saw. good parts out there for them.

i guess each saw i find is workn up to the 460 so ill more then likly end up with the entire stihl pro line of saws from 026-084 now all i need is the 046 and 066 and ill let the 60cc saws slide past me

do the 026 and 024 share the same carbs, thats pretty much all i want off of it.

it has score across the exhaust port but im pretty sure the cylinder is savable aswell as the tank/handle, un foutently the lower in end wasted due get run off or a tree falling on it or something.
i probly shouldnt have bought it.

im very pleased to find i finaly have 71cc 12mm saw. good parts out there for them.

i guess each saw i find is workn up to the 460 so ill more then likly end up with the entire stihl pro line of saws from 026-084 now all i need is the 046 and 066 and ill let the 60cc saws slide past me

The carb question is a good one. I believe they "overlapped." The 026 has worn quite a number of carbs in it's day, but i do believe that at one point they used the same one. Give it a go, it should work just fine. The rewind, the linkages, tank, caps, are all good stuff to put towards an 026 project.

Do yourself a favor and do a little reading up on the 026 filter issue. Most agree that the 026 is intake limited, so the bigger and more free flowing the filter, the better off you'll be. Even though I have an 026 that has an older carb, I ended up getting the big intellicarb filter and just plugged the port in the filter. This also required me to jury rig a new tank vent. there are some pretty good threads.

thanks

for the reply. ill snatch the carb and maybe keep the tank/handle as spare though starter rewind appears to be difrent.

Evan

Latest posts

Back