things that annoy climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard about a guy that got fried because his spurs acted as conductors. I don't know why clearance thinks it's easier to spurless climb. It's not. Back on topic: suckers.

Walking up to a yard with one tree you bid on as an one hour removal, and having three more customers scheduled for that day...the one removal turns into a four day ordeal of multiple trims, removals, and basic whole yard overhaul. Then dealing with the other three customers who were expecting you.

Hearing countless stories from customers about their "amazing" removals they did for friends or relatives. Yet they hire you for a notch-and-drop (ten minute job).

Asking for a chainsaw and somebody hands you a piece of Stihl junk instead.

Broken recoil ropes at 75 feet from the ground.

Assisting another tree trimmer who cannot tie a bowline.

Having another tree trimmer beg you for help rigging down a tree, only to arrive at a job you had bid on yourself, and did not want the job then. But you owe the other tree guy a favor, so you do it...(for half the price you were going to charge the homeowner)

vines...locusts...plums

Arrogant arborists who complain about your style of trimming, but will plant non-native species of trees in customer's yards. You would think people would have learned something from dandelions, buckthorns, and other invasive species by now.

One thing that never pisses me off is my groundman. I trained him...if he's at fault its my mistake.

stewartglenn said:
I hate doing the impossible for wealthy snobs that ????? about the least little thing and are slow to pay the bill.....that pisses me off.....Double the bid if the house costs more than 300K

Stew

You can barely buy an apartment in the projects for 300K in DC.

Latest posts

Back