things that annoy climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The list goes on and on, Dont ya just hate it when you have that pervfect crotch ya wanna hit with a trow line, but you just seem to be off like 2 inches and it hits the branch and bounches back at ya like two or three times? On and then the groundie says, "Why dont ya just throw it like a baseball?"

Kenn

Of all the tools we use that throwball can either be a great labor saver or can be a source of aggivation, with some well chosen but not so nice words.

I don't know what it is, I sure wish I could figure it out, some days you can be right on the money with it, other days you look like a fool with the darn thing, those are usually the days the customer is watching, along with the next door neighbor.

Larry

You can NEVER hit a target first shot on Monday.;!!!!!!!!! Thank God it just gets easier down the week.

Ken

Things that annoy

Given an address and told there is a large chestnut to be removed and you drive up to this.

All the material has to go from a small coutyard, through the building. Not to mention the DZ is small. Plus it takes forever to get the trunk cut up because it is full of shrapnel.

13654.jpg

I love the challenge of a tough job, but I forgot to mention, you were told , "Tommorrow will be easy".:(

Last edited:
Originally posted by Nathan Wreyford
Things that annoy

Given an address and told there is a large chestnut to be removed and you drive up to this.

All the material has to go from a small coutyard, through the building. Not to mention the DZ is small. Plus it takes forever to get the trunk cut up because it is full of shrapnel.

Been there, done that, do not if that is more annoying to climber or to ground crew that has to carry out debris in 12" lengths.
:(

Originally posted by Nathan Wreyford
Things that annoy

Wow, I hadnt thought of that before, I take it the shrapnel is leftover from the war? Im glad I dont work in a city that took as much bombing as alot of german and russian ones did.
I read that Berlin had 1.5 million russian shells lobbed into it, I would do all my scarfs with an oversized disc grinder.

maybe you guys should start a new thread what doesn't annoy climbers i believe the list would be shorther:rolleyes: or maybe you could just say everything:D

Taking off early to meet a service man who doesn't keep his appointment. I understand delays, unexpected problems at the previous stop etc. , but the 4th broken appointment is too much. I lost my temper yesterday ( I hate that:( ) . The idiot had the audacity to blame me for not being there-someone came by 1.5 hours before the appointment and again 45 minutes after it. All this after I had explained that I could meet someone if they would call ahead and doofus said "lets just make it for 5:00P.M." and I said "fine but they need to get here at 5 or very shortly thereafter because I have a 6 o'clock.":angry:

Poison Ivy. :(

Having to set lines in tall trees without the use of throw line, throw ball, Big-Shot.

Big trees which could simply be felled at the bottom if the house lines were dropped but of course the client doesn't want to take the lines down.

I hate when a groudie has been doing tree work for a while, and still can't let a piece run right. Seems like some just can't get the point down that you let it come to a slow smooth stop. Not a sudden jerking stop. I was doing a 90ft 3.5ft accross leaning out accross the house. I rigged it off its self. I told the groundie to let it run and get below my feet bring it to a smooth stop. He jerked th pi$$ out of me. Felt like I was taking a 8sec. ride on a big brahma bull. Needles to say I wasn't happy. I had to get the tree done so I just prepared for the ride.
Second I hate a groundie who lets brush pile at the bottom of a tree trapping your rope every 10-15ft you climb. That's a real kicker. :eek: Again that's why I appreciate a good groundie.:D

I hate doing the impossible for wealthy snobs that ????? about the least little thing and are slow to pay the bill.....that pisses me off.....Double the bid if the house costs more than 300K

Stew

Latest posts

Back