thinking about buying a used vermeer 625 with high hours??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summit583guy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
there is a used vermeer 625 disk chipper forsale near me, it has close to 2000hrs on it (rental unit) but looks to be well looked after by dealership. I have used these chippers a few times and know they are very basic. It has a 25hp kohler i think. what do you think?

i found another online last night with 1200hrs for $3700, what are high hours for these chippers? 1200 hours on a diesel vermeer isnt much but on a little gas motor I would think 1200 is pretty high

i found another online last night with 1200hrs for $3700, what are high hours for these chippers? 1200 hours on a diesel vermeer isnt much but on a little gas motor I would think 1200 is pretty high

It's getting up there, the smaller one we use has more then that, still runs good. The Koehlers are easy to replace when/if needed. The price is decent as well for that one

I would say 1200 hours is getting up there but I've seen several Kohlers with far more hours that run perfect. My old Bobcat 450 had a Kohler gas engine in it with 1900 hours and it ran like a top. Only thing I ever had to do was change the oil/filter and turn the key.

4350 hours on my 25 Kohler on a 252 stumper, still running strong, had zero problems, but weeping some oil down low somewhere. About $1900 for a brand new engine, so if the rest of the chipper is okay, go for it.

Stumper63

Back