Thinking of a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsilver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What do you guys think about letting my MS390 go and replacing it with a MS460? This would be used as my primary saw.

Or save even more money and get a faster/more powerful saw with the 7900

very good choice.

what kinda cutin do you do.

Or save even more money and get a faster/more powerful saw with the 7900

Maybe where your from but a 7900 in NW OHIO goes for over $900. I have no idea where you dolmar guys get your saws that cheap but it's not around here.

Get the 460 you will never regret it. We have been using the 046 and 460 saws for years probably one of the best stihl ever made.

Good choice or save some money and go 441. Either way it's a good choice

Speaking of the 441 I sold one yesterday to a middle age man, ruff looking cat, said he's been sawing for years. Had his wife with him. He grabbed the 361 first and then I asked him how big a wood are you sawing. He goes around 30 inches. I man you should step up a notch. He goes yeah your probly right. So he handles the 460 and 441. I show him all the features of both saws. He likes the filtration system of the 441 and decides to buy it. He and I start talking smack about saws. He goes I like the way you talk, your a real saw guy. His wife goes honey aren't you glad I found this place online for you. He goes yeah, me and this guy talk the same language. She goes yes and according to the website they have a guy here in the store that works on these saws. I turn to her and go yes we do, I know that guy, he's a real p-ick. She goes oh he is, I said yes, its me. Her and her hubby about died laffing. We had a ball at the rack, good people them two were...

Well I don't think it will be a MS460. I got a great price on a MS361 I think. Was quoted 549.00 with a 20" bar. What do you'll think?

I paid 609.00 with a 20" bar. So it sounds like a really good price to me.

Well I don't think it will be a MS460. I got a great price on a MS361 I think. Was quoted 549.00 with a 20" bar. What do you'll think?

That is a pretty good price but it sure won't replace a 441 or 460. It will have the same power your 390 does now but less weight.

Speaking of the 441 I sold one yesterday to a middle age man, ruff looking cat, said he's been sawing for years. Had his wife with him. He grabbed the 361 first and then I asked him how big a wood are you sawing. He goes around 30 inches. I man you should step up a notch. He goes yeah your probly right. So he handles the 460 and 441. I show him all the features of both saws. He likes the filtration system of the 441 and decides to buy it. He and I start talking smack about saws. He goes I like the way you talk, your a real saw guy. His wife goes honey aren't you glad I found this place online for you. He goes yeah, me and this guy talk the same language. She goes yes and according to the website they have a guy here in the store that works on these saws. I turn to her and go yes we do, I know that guy, he's a real p-ick. She goes oh he is, I said yes, its me. Her and her hubby about died laffing. We had a ball at the rack, good people them two were...

Tommie,

Like the Good Book says, "The truth shall set you free".

ole joat

PS: It also says, "Your sins will find you out", but I'm not going to tell you that and ruin your day.

That is a pretty good price but it sure won't replace a 441 or 460. It will have the same power your 390 does now but less weight.

Yep, not enogh diff to justify the new expense. If you didn't already have the 390 I could see it. But then again I can't see a 361 for the price of a 390 but thats just me.

i wouldnt get the 361 either, its not all its hyped up to be specialy since your current saw has more ccs.

why not muffler mod the 390 and run long and short bar

Back