Thinking out loud.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was in the local shop and I want to buy another saw, but want to keep a 50" to 60" bar on it all the time.
My question is, I am leaning to another 3120XP, but the biggest Stihl I can seem to get is a MS880.
What saw would you guy's get?
Jeff

I would go with the 880, just cause I know nothing of husky! Seen ya called again, sorry bro, already out............again. Send me your celly, I'll call ya today...........I have your home numba right?

Ive ran both saws, and was far far more impressed with the 3120. Man, talk about a strong saw! That stock 3120 was awesome.
Ive never seen a better oiler on a saw either lol.

I would go with the 880, just cause I know nothing of husky! Seen ya called again, sorry bro, already out............again. Send me your celly, I'll call ya today...........I have your home numba right?

What ever you do DON'T answer the phone!

Nothing wrong with a 3120 or an 88 but if you allready have the Husky and you like it then I would get another.

Nothing wrong with a 3120 or an 88 but if you allready have the Husky and you like it then I would get another.

+1

Saves getting a hole other set of bars/chains. Particularly if you're buying roll chain and the husky is in a different gauge to the stihl. I'm a stihl nut but the 3120 is a fine saw. Will go great with a big bar. My biggest bar at the moment is a 36. Was thinking of getting a bigger saw/bar combo for big stuff but quickly snapped out of it and decided to avoid doing big trees anymore. There's no money in them.

Shaun

Holy crap! Almost 5 G's!, man that thing better get out of the truck and do the work its self!

EVERYTHING I run is a stihl with one exception 3120xp! There is no other as far as big saw grunt. STHIL=RPM Husquvarna=TORK. Really though Stihl... Husky....I say if it runs good and it is sharp it don't really mater what the name is on the saw. I melted a Pollan pro 45cc yellow saw, but it lasted about four months. I was amazed what that saw did with a little ajustment and a 18" Stihl bar and chain. Like I said four months and it melted. Made alot of money with that free saw from my father-in-law.:wink2:

Dude, you need to tell your boss man to quit playin around with the hand tools and buy your boys a crane if you want to be a player on the big removal scene. :kilt:

Dude, you need to tell your boss man to quit playin around with the hand tools and buy your boys a crane if you want to be a player on the big removal scene. :kilt:

Probably be cheaper in the long run. The company I use is really good, Got a biggie on May 1st. But to buy say a 40 ton and then need a 90 ton would suck.
Jeff

Sice you already got one, I'd get ya another one of these..

IMG_1862.jpg

Latest posts

Back