this guy scares me

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call double ********....... round is welcome and we are separating work chain from race chain too !!!

how long have you been running a saw? how long have you been filing? if you've only been serious about it since 2012 you got alot of catching up to do there buddy.

i'm honest about my abilities. i tried square filing in the past and didn't pick it up again til recently. only reason i started doing it is to sharpen chains in camp without my grinder. i can make a chain cut good enough with a square file to not be hesitant on square filing for the woods but i do need alot more practice. i like how i have an all in one file too rather then carrying a round and flat. one things for certain. square filing on a stump is a whole new art compared to square filing in a vice. half the work is done for you in a vice lol. i'm trying to get used to doing both side cutters from behind the saw in the same position. it's proven extremely difficult cause i can't hardly see the cutter but i know if i can master it i'll be set.i can make one cut better then round anyways. i was working a home job recently and i do like to just grind after the day is done rather then touch chains up in the bush. most fallers round file. again, my chains work, not interested in a race at all.
Little trick.. Tight chain. And lay the bar tip in your lap. File on the nose, into the cutter.
YMMV

how long have you been running a saw? how long have you been filing? if you've only been serious about it since 2012 you got alot of catching up to do there buddy.
Careful there..

Mopar's chains are very good cutters.. I don't care if he was a 12 year old girl who just picked up a file yesterday, he knows how to make a chain cut. I've run them.

Little trick.. Tight chain. And lay the bar tip in your lap. File on the nose, into the cutter.
YMMV

lol, am i seeing you are a printer as an occupation? your trying to teach me tricks that are as basic as basic gets i would expect any firewood hack to know. i know how i like to file. saw up against the slope of a humbolt on a stump. very few file like you say other then the tight chain part. if a guy don't know that he shouldn't be anywhere near a saw.

Careful there..

Mopar's chains are very good cutters.. I don't care if he was a 12 year old girl who just picked up a file yesterday, he knows how to make a chain cut. I've run them.

i am very sure he can. all it takes is a heavy interest. if you didn't notice i said 95% of people can't file. mopar gets offended because he thinks i automatically put him in that 95%. the fact still remains, 95% of people can't file a chain worth a ****. mopar is likely in the 5%. one thing to add is file while needing to produce. you don't get a ****'n half hour to file your chain lol were not just using little 20" er's either. my point was sure mopar can probably file. he has interest in it after all. i had that interest when i was 7 years old lol. so i suppose i can go back and not see anyone here asking questions about how to file a chain around the time they joined? or how to square file?

lol, am i seeing you are a printer as an occupation? your trying to teach me tricks that are as basic as basic gets i would expect any firewood hack to know. i know how i like to file. saw up against the slope of a humbolt on a stump. very few file like you say other then the tight chain part. if a guy don't know that he shouldn't be anywhere near a saw.

i am very sure he can. all it takes is a heavy interest. if you didn't notice i said 95% of people can't file. mopar gets offended because he thinks i automatically put him in that 95%. the fact still remains, 95% of people can't file a chain worth a ****. mopar is likely in the 5%. one thing to add is file while needing to produce. you don't get a ****'n half hour to file your chain lol were not just using little 20" er's either. my point was sure mopar can probably file. he has interest in it after all. i had that interest when i was 7 years old lol. so i suppose i can go back and not see anyone here asking questions about how to file a chain around the time they joined? or how to square file?

Yes.. That is what pays my bills. I also clear fence rows on the side.
I am just a hack with no pretty trees to cut down..
Not very exciting..

And I can still sharpen a chain better and faster than you...
Put up, or shut up...
Send a chain.
Or are you a coward?

Been running saws and sharpening chains since 1983. Only been square filing a few years

Were you even born before 1983 cupcake ?

I razz you cauze you dish it out, and I will keep razzing you each and every chain race, so get in on it and make it easier on both of us

Yes.. That is what pays my bills. I also clear fence rows on the side.
I am just a hack with no pretty trees to cut down..
Not very exciting..

And I can still sharpen a chain better and faster than you...
Put up, or shut up...
Send a chain.
Or are you a coward?

lmao, before you even posted in this thread i said i had no interest in racing chain. in fact, i actually said it was one of the more foolish things i had ever heard of. that hasn't changed. like i said, i work with a saw and a sharp chain. if my chains were weak i wouldn't make it very far. while you do it for fun. when i'm looking to have fun i don't even wanna think about sharpening chains. ain't no amount of bait gonna get me to participate in a dang chain race lol. if it's what makes you guys tick have at it but it don't do it for me.

Been running saws and sharpening chains since 1983. Only been square filing a few years

I razz you cauze you dish it out, and I will keep razzing you each and every chain race, so get in on it and make it easier on both of us

I been laying the bait...

I think he's suspicious...

We gonna have to spray some stink on it.

i believe you, i really do, i also believe you are nothing more then a firewood hack. then the question come up. how many tanks a year? maybe i'm being cocky, i try not to be but i just can't believe how many guys mistake forum posting experience with the real world. i spill more then you burn a year lol

lmao, before you even posted in this thread i said i had no interest in racing chain. in fact, i actually said it was one of the more foolish things i had ever heard of. like i said, i work with a saw and a sharp chain. if my chains were weak i wouldn't make it very far. while you do it for fun. when i'm looking to have fun i don't even wanna think about sharpening chains. ain't no amount of bait gonna get me to participate in a dang chain race lol. if it's what makes you guys tick have at it but it don't do it for me.
I double dog dare ya...
You know you want to..
It's just a little chain..
Take maybe 10-15 minutes to whip one out and send it.
Easy peasy

i believe you, i really do, i also believe you are nothing more then a firewood hack. then the question come up. how many tanks a year? maybe i'm being cocky, i try not to be but i just can't believe how many guys mistake forum posting experience with the real world. i spill more then you burn a year lol
For "perspective".
I only burn about 2-3 gallons a week. Sometimes less depending on weather conditions..
Limited days to work.
Does this make me a "firewood hack"?

You have to have more than an interest to be good, and Hedgerow is being kind, I don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as him as far as filing goes.

Lastly Shane, you got me all wrong. I ain't insulted at all, not one single bit. I do enjoy seeing how far you try reaching on some stuff, but I think you should try a little more to put a chain or two in these races, then you could stop giving excuses and tell me to shut-up !

Back