this is going down later this evening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_20130920_174317_511_zpsead44d87.jpg

Its only about 50ft tall but is being layed down between a house and shop. I'm slightly nervous and me use the backhoe and strap to make dam sure it goes where I want.

Will try and get a video of it going down and some bucking.

I've often thought a 42" saw would be good for this. This tree is way past the 32" bar tip.

Last edited:
How far between the two buildings? We need to set some kind of odds here :hmm3grin2orange:

I recently dropped a monster silver maple that was 58" at the base. It was in between my house my shed and the pool in the back. Only option was to drop it on the road. We blocked off cars and dropped it safely then had three Stihl's cut the limbs of quick to get it off the road asap. I had a large rope connected to my truck to help pull.

Good luck! Have fun and be safe.

IMG_20130920_174317_511_zpsead44d87.jpg

Its only about 50ft tall but is being layed down between a house and shop. I'm slightly nervous and me use the backhoe and strap to make dam sure it goes where I want.

Will try and get a video of it going down and some bucking.

I've often thought a 42" saw would be good for this. This tree is way past the 32" bar tip.

Where in Idaho do you live?

its not hollow

shes still standing. weve been hit with heavy 30-40 mph winds and shes still standing maybe Monday or sunday late

I'm guessing an inexperienced person could underestimate the amount of pull needed to bring that tree against the lean.

Latest posts

Back