This kill switch wire Husky 455.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This kill switch wire doesn't want to slide in place for me.
1584795299143.png

Any one ever replace the plastic switch with a metal toggle switch like the Echos and the Old poulan and sthils had?

Or even the old slide type husky used?

:D Al

There isn't a whole lot of wire there to work with and with this Virus stuff going around I am not wanting to go shopping for a new end either.

I do have a toggle switch, I do have a spare old style Husky slide switch and even a Stihl I am working on that has a toggle switch I could rob also.

:D Al

I can't quite see from your photo exactly what's wrong, but I've had issues sometimes with the terminator piece of the kill wire on Husqy saws. Sometimes it doesn't want to slide in place, sometimes it goes in but won't stay there due to vibration while saw is running. (Had a 346 that needed to be choked to kill it.)

Two things I've done to fix said issue. If the piece wiggles loose, use a small, tuning size screwdriver to spread open the end of the metal to fashion a tighter fit.

If the metal end needs replacing, I've cut the kill wire and spliced on a longer length with a new end that will serve.

wire ends 001.jpgwire ends 002.jpgwire ends 003.jpg
Look at picture number one. The slot in the red piece, at the middle of the picture, is where the terminal fits (sidewise, straight up and down). If your problem is the other type as shown in picture two then make sure it is flat and straight. Picture three shows how the un-damaged terminal should look before sliding onto or into its place. No need to get a new one. Make it work like it supposed to. Yours may be slightly different but the principle is the same. Mike

Rupedoggy does good photos! The other remedy I've had to resort to is where the terminal (as in Rupe's bottom photo) is loose and won't stay on, crimp it slightly with needle-nose pliers to get a tighter fit.

Latest posts

Back