This means war!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Dear AS comunity,

If you are faint of heart or have difficulties looking at shocking pictures DO NOT LOOK FURTHER! Log out, turn off the computer and never come back again! I have warned you and I will not be taken responsible for further troubles on your behalf.

Since you didn't want to listen, last chance to turn back, I will continue.

The house I live in is at least over 150 years old. So in this time the house has been remodeled a few times. This leads to the funny situation that I go over my terrace, which is on the second floor, into my attic. I know strange but that's the way it is. Since it is old we have some very nice vines climbing up on the outside. Very romantic in the sommer, a lot of leaves in the fall. We have a small garden where I get the exclusive rights to do what I want (until the better half complains I have to many different piles of firewood lying around and I have to go and clean up a little bit). I mean she has the terrace 80 square meters~861 square feet. What more could she want.
I think I'm getting carried away. So tonight I think "it is getting really cold outside(-5°C~23°F) so I better check on the bird feed." No problem I bought a small bag some time ago. Ah I remember, the same time I just happend to pass by my Stihl dealer and we had a quick chat and I stocked up on some bar oil. I got a 5 litre~1.3 gallon of dolmar bar oil at my Stihl dealer :D. He says it's excellent stuff so why shouldn't he sell it and it costs about 10€ less than the Stihl brand.
Now where was I? Ah yes on the way to the attic. So I open the door to the attic and go inside looking for the bird feed. Now where did I put that stuff? Ah there it is ......... now what is that? The plastic bag was torn open and all the bird seed husks scattered around.

I know I thought the same .... mice. It's easy for them to get up here and they must be equaly hungry so no problem I'll get a new bag tomorow (and pass by the Stihl dealer again :D). I think I'll have to let out the cats some more but they don't like it this cold either. Oh well, Stihl dealer ..., ahh yes just when I think of it I have a few half filled containers of bar oil. I'll just fill them together in the old bar oil container. I mean who doesn't have a similar situation? Well I pull out the old bar oil container from the bottom shelf and the other semi little bit filled ones are standing around. So I'll clean up here a little bit so my better half is happy again.

WAIT A MOMENT! What was that in the corner of my eye?

attachment.php

attachment.php

My new bar oil container...... what is going on? Someone sure is hungry here! I am beginning to hate mice. So I check to be sure that no dead mice are floating around in my bar oil. Get another container, maybe I still have an empty one to fill in .....

WAIT A MOMENT! What was that in the corner of my eye?

attachment.php

My little tophandle, only a few months old turned to mice feed. :angry:

This means war on a grand scale! There will be no mercy, no parley, no negotiation of terms... It will be the END!

I need a mouse trap.

So my better half "no problem I have one, wait I'll get it." Me:"Since I don't know it and we have been together for over 10 years this has to be an old one." Wait a minute ..... I hope it is old. Because if it is old the spring won't be that strong anymore. So when it catches the mouse he will not die immediately. NO he will have time to recall all the wrong doings in his life and in the end he will realize his deeds and die. Yes yes yes I want the trap immediatly!

attachment.php

To add insult to humilation this is the way things go in life.

Bio oil?

Well I'm guessing it will be a 'catch and release' mouse. :laugh:

If you want to cut on public and most private grounds then dino oil is a no no.

Yeah I know but I'll let it go at the neighbors fence. :D

Our house was built in the 1880s. Mice always seem to come inside in the fall when it starts getting cold. Old houses..... mice just seem to find their way in easily. None have touched my saws, nor my oil. I use the traps that snap their neck....... call me mean.

The bio oil kinda makes sense since it probably smells somewhat enticing. I was going to give htem the benefit of the doubt. But I have no ideas on the stop switch plastic.

Small animals can be ####heads for sure though. Nothing like going to cut the grass for the first time in the spring and finding this:

FFDOYl.jpg

I recently found out that mice had chewed a hole in the plastic container holding the cat food. The food is now low enough in the container where the older & fatter mice can't jump high enough reach the hole once they're in the container (reminds me of the experiment where the monkey can reach into the jar to grab a piece of fruit, but can't get its hand out of the jar without releasing the piece of fruit). I've been letting the dogs outside, then releasing the trapped mice on the patio. There's at least one athletic mouse that has managed to escape a couple of times, but that is soon coming to an end.

Yeah, yeah, I know, just plug the hole or use a better container, and buy some mice/rat poison.

You won't need the trap. After eating that plastic the mice will die. Follow your nose, and you'll find 'em!:sick:

you have free cat food. All you need now is a cat to eat it

I have two cat's and they love playing with mice but they don't like eating them. They bring them into the house and play with them and, like little children, get bored and I can catch them. That must be really funny for the cats to watch. :msp_tongue: I think I have a serious authority problem here. :laugh:

Dude, I had a Calico cat that devoured mice, ONLY, after she tossed them around for about 20-30 minutes. It was like a conquest. :laugh: I miss that little puss....
heh, heh, I did not realize pu ssy was a bad word until I tried to post it here. :laugh:

kif you want them dead and dont care where they die...get yourself a couple boxes of the bait trays (the pelleted kind)

Take a nice heaping spoonful of peanut butter and mix in the pellets, leave the trays out for a couple days, refill when empty...

This will work on even the most trap shy critters...

my 6 month old cat is bringin in 2-3 a day from the woods. needless to say the cabinets have been clear of critters since the 3rd week we got em...did i mention he kills the blue jays and cardinals and all the finches and basically everything that moves...with the good comes the bad. if you just wanna kill em why not just put a little bowl of anti-freeze in the room. but they stink to high heaven. i have a dead snake somewhere in the house that came in during sandy and chased her across the basement(would have been video worthy). that foot long little slivery bastard died and now the WHOLE PLACE REEKS!

if you mean total war make popsicle stick crosses and tie them to it and put it in front of the entrance they come in haha...sorry having way to much fun with this:laugh:

Mice have been bad here this year. Started early, too.
I don't like poison because they might die in a wall and stink for a while.
I like the Jawz traps in the house. They're reusable. I just open the wood stove, dump in the mouse, and reset the trap.
A good one for the shop/garage is a 5 gal. pail with a few inches of water in it. Run a coat hanger through a can and set it across the top of the bucket. Spread some peanut butter on the can. Lay a board/ramp from the floor up to the top of the bucket. The mice will climb out and onto the can. The can will roll and they'll fall into the water and drown. Just dump it out and refill with water once in a while.

I like the Jawz traps in the house. They're reusable. I just open the wood stove, dump in the mouse, and reset the trap.
A good one for the shop/garage is a 5 gal. pail with a few inches of water in it. Run a coat hanger through a can and set it across the top of the bucket. Spread some peanut butter on the can. Lay a board/ramp from the floor up to the top of the bucket. The mice will climb out and onto the can. The can will roll and they'll fall into the water and drown. Just dump it out and refill with water once in a while.

Brilliant!:bowdown:

I have two cat's and they love playing with mice but they don't like eating them. They bring them into the house and play with them and, like little children, get bored and I can catch them. That must be really funny for the cats to watch. :msp_tongue: I think I have a serious authority problem here. :laugh:

Not around here! All the cats (man, we have a herd of them guys) nail mice/rats/rabbits/birds what not. They scarf 'em down.

Today was funny, had 7 dogs and the big barn tomcat all staring at a possum up a tree!

The big cat is named "Fat Louie".(not the largest we have had, but he's a stout boy..)

I know exactly what he was thinking, too.."Dang..I am wayy too lazy and fat to climb that tree, but if that giant rat makes it to the ground.....I bet I could take that sucker"!

I know the problem. You've been feeding the cats haven't you? Stop doing that!

I do this up at my Uncles Hunting Cabin, works GREAT!! Excect when a couple months go by, that bucket is STINKY!!

Latest posts

Back