This Sucks!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting dressed right now and trudging through the snow to write down the serial #s of my saws. It's been on my "round to it" list for awhile but I always forget.

Are they covered on any house insurance? They should exceed the deductible easily. At least it should help replace them.

Ian

Mine are specifically listed on my farm/home policy. I'd give your agent a call and see if you need to do this.

That does SUCK

two of my sons & i had the day off wed. We thought it would be a good day
to go work on the neighbors fence row. Went to load these up &----
attachment.php

this is empty shelf is what we saw!!!
attachment.php

some lowlife decided to help themself to my saws.
2-dolmar 7900
1-sachs dolmar 120si
1-huskey 266 with a new p&j
1-huskey 136
my insurance should cover them but the 120si really makes me mad. It was my dads saw & i seldom used it, though it is a strong runner.it would never be for sale or loan & cant be replaced. The thief didn't take the gas, oil,tool kit, or chaps. I hope the s.o.b. Cuts their leg off

wow im sorry to hear that,that would make me sick to,

Big Thanks

Thank you all for your support, & extra eyes for looking. I currently have been searching C-list daily in Columbus,Dayton, Lima-Findly, Mansfield, & Zanesville. My wife & B.I.L. have been watching E-bay. I am getting ready to go to the local store & pizza shop to put up pictures with serial #s, & then to all the local saw shops & pawn shops. Might even stop at a couple of places I know that sell firewood to see if anyone has tried to unload any saws.
Haywood, it wouldnt hurt to get pictures with those serial #s. I hope anyone reading does the same.
Yes my agent says I have full replacement on my policy with $500 deductible. But I cant replace the 120si, the others are just saws with no sentimental value.
Thanks again, Dave

Thank you all for your support, & extra eyes for looking. I currently have been searching C-list daily in Columbus,Dayton, Lima-Findly, Mansfield, & Zanesville. My wife & B.I.L. have been watching E-bay. I am getting ready to go to the local store & pizza shop to put up pictures with serial #s, & then to all the local saw shops & pawn shops. Might even stop at a couple of places I know that sell firewood to see if anyone has tried to unload any saws.
Haywood, it wouldnt hurt to get pictures with those serial #s. I hope anyone reading does the same.
Yes my agent says I have full replacement on my policy with $500 deductible. But I cant replace the 120si, the others are just saws with no sentimental value.
Thanks again, Dave

From my previous time in law enforcement,someone may have known the saws were there or even someone you know,i know its hard to think,but it happens ,several yrs ago i had something like that happen to me,and it ended up being several boys that were friend with my son and lived in the neighborhood years before, lucky for me i got a decription and parcial tag number from a neighbor,i tracked them down before the sheriffs dept,then i let them in on it,i got my stuff back,they kid said he remembered when he was small i had a lot of cool stuff in my shop,ended up they were talking the stuff to some adults selling it to them for gas money ,and about 6 people went to jail,

Chances are by now you've scared the person and they know they aren't going to be able to fence them, start checking dump sites etc, they may have gotten scared and ditched em.

I'll keep an eye out in the Huntington,WV area.......If ya find who done this, ya might think about taking them logging!!!!.

People think I am nuts but a bouncing betty would solve alot of problems with unauthorized taking of one's tools. I live on a long driveway and an easy target for some scumbag but have a sign at my gate that states "If you can read this your in range" so far no problems, keeps them guessing if I am home.

Whats a 'bouncing betty' ??

Your wife?

Check the emergency rooms, the dopers may have accidently started them.

That sucks...maybe a drug user, they'll hock anything of value. Probably someone that's been over there before too...scary.:mad:

not just any drug user, crack heads!!!

i lived in the west side of grand rapids michigan.

they broke in, stole a $10 harbor fright socket kit, and left a $300 pancake compressor, $500 craftsman toolbox, $420 brand new truck aluminium toolbox that i had custom powercoated black and buffed with a wheel so the diamond plate bumps are hilighted..

crack heads...they don't think... they take what's light and easy to carry.

WWII era German anti-personnel mine. If I understand correctly, it doesn't go off when you step on it, but rather it jumps up when you step off it and goes off at head height.

Waist high.

Don't want to kill soldiers right off the bat...gut shots keep their buddies & medics busy, where as a dead guy can wait till later.

It's still more lethal then just blowing off a foot, and takes a lot more resources to treat if you do live.

hope you or the cops find them and put their ass in jail

their ass needs a good ass paddling and than put in jail for 30 to 40 years
and just maby thay will never do it a gain

Latest posts

Back