This weeks job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I was picturing the climber went out farther and hacked that leader off either with a notch or from the tips rip em whatever just to clear the road, then was just feeling a little lazy and maybe felt like disrespectin the tree some and just lettin gravity take over as he ripped off the logs they, look pretty simple to me, just a nice set up and presentation with the traffic control and ppe and all that-also what a nice job for showin off yer log truck as well! Oh, and nice equipment! Is that an 1800 slayer? what motor, how much hp??

See, that is what I pictured with the last piece flopping with little control. I imagine the peice was large enough to give the trunk a wallop( maybe no big deal in this situation) or peeled of so slowly the guy had to follow it down. Key words you used- LAZY and DIRESPECTING. You still here? Those 2 things will take you out.
I guess I was just offering some constructive critism and perhaps learning something as well.
Not to toot my horn and you may not care but I would not have delibratelty done that cut. I might have made a mistake and that was the result but my mistake would not be born out of lazy and the other thing you mentioned.

post #32 buzzard.

Now is a buzzard a name for some internet user with sick intentions? I didn't mean to actually use your quote, it was just right there so I clicked it. I didn't want treeslayer thinking I called his fine operation a bunch of hacks. But now I am really confused, there are 2 treeslayers?
Really- a fine operation which looks as if it hires DA RIPPA MAN! I am not confident enough to rip a chunk that big and let it do what it did.Maybe by mistake.

Last edited:
Now is a buzzard a name for some internet user with sick intentions? I didn't mean to actually use your quote, it was just right there so I clicked it. I didn't want treeslayer thinking I called his fine operation a bunch of hacks. But now I am really confused, there are 2 treeslayers?
Really- a fine operation which looks as if it hires DA RIPPA MAN! I am not confident enough to rip a chunk that big and let it do what it did.Maybe by mistake.
Yeah, the last two sentences, thats right. :cheers:

What a s#!t show this thread turned into. For those of you nitpicking the guy who started this thread, why don't you post some pics and see if we can't find anything wrong with them??:buttkick:

I'm too stupid fer all that, trees are my specialty but I'm gonna try soon, its been a long winter money was tight with the new bucket we just bought (used 50k) and all the extra maintenance, and the money is needed elsewhere other than showing off right? - but I'll hopefully get a camera soon, lol. :monkey:

Last edited:
we all make mistakes. we should start a whoopsie thread. take pictures of our mistakes and post them.:)

tear cuts
stubs
dented gutters
scratched up gates
big dents in the lawn
banged up root flare
dog ears
accidental over thins
chainsaw in the dirt

i tend to think that an occasional boo boo happens to the best of us.

keviin

we all make mistakes. we should start a whoopsie thread. take pictures of our mistakes and post them.:)

tear cuts
stubs
dented gutters
scratched up gates
big dents in the lawn
banged up root flare
dog ears
accidental over thins
chainsaw in the dirt

keviin

Besides the appearance of my thoroughly read arborist manuals :D , what the heck are "dog ears" ?

P.S. you left out fence top rails !

Last edited:
for example: like when you reach behind a limb and make a cut (think 2"-4"limb) and you glance at it and it looks good. so you venture on to another place in the tree and glance back at it again and notice that one side is a little higher than the other, it's not a flat cut but angled on either the side or the top or bottom. at the right angle it looks like a dog ear. it might be an ohio thing. when i did tree work in california i never heard it.

other things i never heard in california:

"i'm hotterna three peckered billygoat"
"she's cuterna speckled pup."
"i'm dryerna popcorn fart."

I know they arn't tree related, but i did learn them on a tree crew!
:dizzy:

for example: like when you reach behind a limb and make a cut (think 2"-4"limb) and you glance at it and it looks good. so you venture on to another place in the tree and glance back at it again and notice that one side is a little higher than the other, it's not a flat cut but angled on either the side or the top or bottom. at the right angle it looks like a dog ear. it might be an ohio thing. when i did tree work in california i never heard it.

other things i never heard in california:

"i'm hotterna three peckered billygoat"
"she's cuterna speckled pup."
"i'm dryerna popcorn fart."

I know they arn't tree related, but i did learn them on a tree crew!
:dizzy:

Are you sure you didn't learn those sayings in Tennessee?

tear cuts
stubs
dented gutters
scratched up gates
big dents in the lawn
banged up root flare
dog ears
accidental over thins
chainsaw in the dirt

keviin

No one is perfect of course not me, but I am told I am pretty good.
I guess when you post pictures you should expect it- nitpicking ? No . Just professional crictism and my thoughts. My eyes seek out the little details, the little details that get you killed or worse. No ego here to bruise and always ready to hear feeback. I don't take jabs at people if I think you are an idiot I will just say" I THINK you are an idiot". Prove me wrong if you can, or don't.
What if the climber made a mistake and took out the climber in the next tree? Call me a puss, but I won't go up the tree over with a climber right next to me in another one either, not unless we are climbing TOGETHER.
Now you can say what you want about that but notice I don't work at your company and wouldn't work for a company that told me to do things I knew to be unsafe. Not talking about you in general,Keviin,but if I did I would surely be underbidding myself.
Is that how you spell you name?

confession: i don't paint wounds, but i keep a can on the truck in case i make a bad cut.

whew, i'm glad i got that off my chest!:)

Now is a buzzard a name for some internet user with sick intentions? .

look it up in the dictionary homey. 3rd definition of a buzzard is an avaricious or otherwise unpleasant person. welcome to the committee. whats a committee you ask? why its a gathering of buzzards. not a flock but a committee.

and someone posted by the name treeslayer calling the real tree slayer out. wang pay attention!

What a s#!t show this thread turned into. For those of you nitpicking the guy who started this thread, why don't you post some pics and see if we can't find anything wrong with them??:buttkick:

thats why i post alot of my sh1t.

we all make mistakes.

dog ears

man do i hate those f'n things.

confession: i don't paint wounds, but i keep a can on the truck in case i make a bad cut.

whew, i'm glad i got that off my chest!:)

i try to rub dirt on it. lol

Back