thoughts and expieriences on chinese engines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No... that is not a theory, it's a fact easily proved.

But the amount of oil under the earth surface, where it originates, and how it's produced by natural processes is all based on unproven theory. There is even strong evidence to suggest that oil does not come from the "dead dinosaur theory", rather it is produced by natural earth geologic processes (old, depleted oil fields are filling back up) and we are finding oil where it cannot possibly be according to the antiquated "theories". Do you get that?? Oil could very well be a "renewable resource"!! The decline in U.S., or even world-wide oil production has nothing to do with how much total oil there is... it only has to do with how much oil there is where we are pumping, and/or how much our government(s) allow to be pumped. The "strategic oil reserve" program is based on antiquated theory and should be abolished... theories and facts have come a long way since its inception. Yeah, U.S. oil production has declined since the 70's, but we now know there is more "accessible" oil within our borders than was even dreamed possible in the 70's... just look at what's happening in North Dakota, and that's only being 10% exploited by some estimates. Yep, we've pumped most of the "easy" to get oil (that we know of), but that in no way makes the not-quite-as-easy-to-get oil unworthy of our efforts (especially with new technology)... it damn sure makes more sense then what we're doing now! The longer we wait, the further antiquated our technology becomes.

I do not believe the oil supply is even close to half gone... and I believe it is possible that oil is in fact "renewable" by geologic processes, thereby making it a never ending supply. What I do not do, is accept unproven theory as fact!
I do not drink the kool-aid.
Good luck with your beliefs about oil. I'll stick with what I've learned after years of studying it, which fits well with the observed reality. It is not important to me to convince you, though I expect your views will lead to your being surprised by what happens. This has wandered a bit far from Chinese engines and it would take far to long to detail anyway, especially in a firewood forum.

Diesels?

Anyone have any experience with the little chinese diesels? I know they arent as cheap as the chondas (which is a cool name..) but still cheap compared to other sources of small diesels.

Down in the south pacific we have had chinese stuff for while now, the Chinese are an adaptable manufacturer.They will build to your price. If you want a cheap piece of s--t they will build it for you.And if you want quality they will do that too. If they are putting their name on it usually is is quite competitive in quality and price.

Best response to this post is written above. The product is built to the specifications of the customer. The customer is the buyer/importer etc...not the end user (you).

For those that whine about the "garbage products" well they are made to the specifications and dollar terms of your own fellow countrymen, not the country that made them. China has a very technologically advanced industrial complex, and its capacity if out of this world.

Anyone have any experience with the little chinese diesels? I know they arent as cheap as the chondas (which is a cool name..) but still cheap compared to other sources of small diesels.

I have been researching them for the past few days, the most popular versions seem to be yanmar clones between 4 and 25hp. Guys have put them into choppers with success, do some you youtube searching. The v-twin diesel bobber sounds sweet to me - I want one lol.

The single cylinders start around $300 ex china and the twins are around $650 plus. Any brand name small diesels are $4k plus over here which is a bit steep for me. I am tempted to import one just for fun.

To me anything and everything from China is junk.
I hate chinese stuff and always avoid them.

If you take a peek inside most of the stuff you bought in the last 5-10 years, eg. computers, appliances, machinery, etc you'll see China stamped all over it. Don't get me wrong, I try and support local companies when I can, but it would be almost impossible to say that you are simply going to avoid buying chinese stuff.

If you take a peek inside most of the stuff you bought in the last 5-10 years, eg. computers, appliances, machinery, etc you'll see China stamped all over it. Don't get me wrong, I try and support local companies when I can, but it would be almost impossible to say that you are simply going to avoid buying chinese stuff.
You don't have to tell me that. I know it that is why nothing in my house or on my body is MADE IN CHINA.
Chinese don't invent, they steal and they replicate.
Chinese don't manufacture for quality, they manufacture for quantity.
Chinese is bad for America, I don't do Chinese.
The only Chinese I do is Chinese food..

You don't have to tell me that. I know it that is why nothing in my house or on my body is MADE IN CHINA.

I wouldn't be so sure about any of that, but if it helps you sleep better at night then just keep telling it to yourself. We are part of a global economy. "Made in the usa" doesn't come close to meaning it has no components from china.

You don't have to tell me that. I know it that is why nothing in my house or on my body is MADE IN

Thats an awful bold and incorrect statement.

So how exactly are you participating in an online forum such as AS. I know, you must keep your computer outside or in the garage, let me guess you don't have a TV or cell phone either?

You might want to do some research, at which point we won't be hearing from you anymore on your smashed china made computer. LOL

I too avoid made in China , but nothing in your house is made there ? I find that hard to believe. Virtually all consumer electronics are made in china. iPhone, iPad, cell phones, tv, home appliances. - you name it it's made there. What type of computer do you have ?

What type of computer do you have ?[/QUOTE]

We will never know, he is outback hacking it to pieces with his china made hammer in his china made boots while drinking a coffee in a china made mug. LOL

I have a 11hp Honda knock off on my spiltter. I put it on after my 11hp Honda died.. going on year 4 and no issues so far.. it was 1/3 the price of a honda. I'd do it again

Buy the cheapest piece of Chinese junk you can. isn't that the American way:msp_confused:
When it only last a few months, ##### a little, than buy another:bang:

Iron Head,
Obviously you see China as the enemy… and you are making the classic mistake that will ultimately cause you to lose any battle or war with that enemy. You are severely underestimating your opponent!!

- - …nothing in my house or on my body is MADE IN CHINA. - -
Really?? Ignorance is bliss my friend… ignorance is bliss. Where do you suppose the keyboard you typed that on came from… or for that matter any part of your computer?? Cell Phone?? The control board in your furnace, or the wall thermostat it’s connected to?? The radio in your car?? TV, DVD player, cable box, satellite tuner, etc.?? Do you have kids, and do they have toys, especially toys with any sort of electronic stuff, even a flashing light?? Video games?? Microwave oven, toaster, blender, calculator, etc., etc., etc.?? The list goes on-and-on.

- - Chinese don't invent, they steal and they replicate. - -
Some Chinese companies “steal and they replicate”, just as some American companies do, but over 80% of Chinese exports are “brand name” products. And as far as inventions… historically the Chinese have invented more things to “advance” the world than any other country. The list is so long I couldn’t begin to name them all… heck, the rocket that put man on the moon was invent by the Chinese, as was the fork, paper and printing, the plow, both the belt and chain drive systems, the sail and rudder, the fishing reel, cast iron, gunpowder and gun, the cross bow, the knife, the compass and even toilet paper! Near all of our modern military weaponry is derived from Chinese inventions, as is much of our medical practices. Just during the last couple decades Chinese scientists have develop new weapons systems and have had groundbreaking breakthroughs in technology, much of it medically related.

- - Chinese don't manufacture for quality, they manufacture for quantity. - -
As stated above, most of Chinese exports are “brand name” items and are of very high quality.

- - Chinese is bad for America… - -
China ain’t bad for America… America is bad for America currently. The Chinese are only taking advantage of what we hand them, nothing more. It’s ignorant and narrow-minded to blame the Chinese for something of our own making. Like everything else now-a-days we refuse to take responsibility… ”it’s always someone else’s fault!” Until we are willing to once again take personal and national responsibility, America will continue to be bad for America! Placing the blame elsewhere will only send us deeper in the soup.

You really do need to stop drinkin' the kool-aid.

Last edited:
china...

I have to agree with everything you just said.

I just happened to look at my local WalMart and 3 of 5 push mowers had an interesting sticker on them.

View attachment 291680View attachment 291681View attachment 291682

The other 2 push mowers engines were from the same plant but the lawnmower manufacturer didn't have the sticker on it.

John

having read everything in this thread, cant help thinkin how honda et al were "jap junk" in the 60's/early 70's, now hondas are the stick by which others are measured... china is the "bad guy" now, india might be 20 yr from now... i dont much care for chinese, try to avoid it when possible... that said, china is makin this reply possible... think ill go play with my pioneer...

Bought a 11 horse last June for my splitter at H F . A couple things I learned tighten the gas cap tight some how the vent will clog if lose . And don't overfill it tends to leak . Been real happy with it more power use less fuel an less noise . From day one don't remember pulling more than twice to start . Only been through 2 season of splitting but so far what I seen it might be running for a long time .

Latest posts

Back