Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, today's surgery got postponed until Tuesday a 3pm. Lots of medicine and IVs. Can't thank you as well as many others for positive thoughts. Gonna be here awhile longer. Oh well, it's a long way from my heart. You guys are great friends, Jasha.

:)

I was on the operating table laying flat without a backbone when the doctor told me he was waiting. I thought one day would be tough. He said 3 weeks!

If I could have reached him, I would have killed him...... turned out to be a life saving decision, as I barely made it through the surgery 3 weeks later, even though I had healed immensely.

3 weeks watching the ceiling is a long time......

PS, hope to run the 757 this weekend you built for Mike in St. Louis

Praying for you and your family Sling'r. God speed in your recovery!!

A newbie here, hoping for the best for you man.

I spent 7 wks in hospital when I was 14, after breaking my neck. As was mentioned previously, it's a long time staring at the ceiling, or the clock, or the...

I more or less recovered. But some things change, and I assume you may be looking at doing some tasks in a different way. It doesn't matter as long as you can keep on doing the things that are near to your heart.

I hope your surgery today goes well.

Regards,
Paul

Just want to tell you, your saws sure run good. I got to run a Treeslinger 660 at the LaPine GTG. I liked the way it burbled and it really could be run hard or slowed way down (tickling) when needed. If I was a falling goddess, I'd be a customer.:msp_smile:

Hope all comes out well today. And no, I'll not send my Old Sparkless saw to be modded. It has broken the spririts of men in its stock condition. What havoc would it cause after a Treeslinger mod? No tree would be safe!:msp_smile:

Get better, please.

Denise would like me to thank you all for your posts, she's been reading them and she said they mean a lot, more than we know.

Jasha's surgery is slated for 3pm today.

I will have post-surgery updates either tonight or tomorrow morning.

So sorry to hear about your accident, Jasha. Sending positive vibes for today's surgery.

Still lovin' the 346 NE you massaged so skillfully for me, three years ago now!

You have to know her to really appreciate how rough it could be. A guy named Rocky can attest to this.
She give me a through "feel up", in public, I was holding something heavy with both hands, she took advantage of that.
I was speechless.

I know a Rocky who used to cut 'em up in the big Redwood around Ft. Bragg. He's in Susanville now but would always go for a good "feel up."

Denise would like me to thank you all for your posts, she's been reading them and she said they mean a lot, more than we know.

Jasha's surgery is slated for 3pm today.

I will have post-surgery updates either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks Metals You are doing a great service.:rock:

Naw, I'm not doing much. . . Just trying to keep everyone informed on Jasha's progress.

I want to do something for Jasha's fund thread Brad started -- but I'm Federal Reserve Note poor.

I'll come up with something though.

what your doing here cant be bought with money ,thanks for keeping us updated

I was a volunteer firefighter in a small rural town for a few years. After the first dead body, I joined the boys in the bar that night and got drunk. After the second, I didn't. However, I remember every detail of every one of them. The town was right along a nasty blind curve in a U.S. highway with a state highway intersecting, and a few people died on the curve every year.

Jasha, there's not a dang thing I can do for you from here except contribute when I can with $ and keep wishing you and your family well. You were totally a standup guy with that ported/milled 660, and I've never forgotten that.

I hope you can forgive the guy who mistakenly flipped the switch. I'm sure he's living in his own kind of hell right now. :(

Anything I say may sound condescending, maudlin, or downright dumb. So I'll just say for you stay strong now, friend, and more good thoughts headed your way while you still are probably in surgery.

Dave, what's the story with yours? That wasn't just a little injury.

Yeah, it turned out to be worse than what I thought it was initially. To make a long story short a Ford 5000 Diesel tractor with a 6 foot tiller behind it ran over my right leg, stomach and chest area. Actually, the 18.5x30 left rear tire was big enough that it covered my upper thigh as well as stomach and chest area. As the tractor ran over me, it spun me around and my left arm was run over by the turning tines of the tiller. I ended up with three broken ribs, one punctured lung, severed nerves, tendons, bones and vessels in my hand and arm. I later ended up with small blood clots in my lungs even with them walking me. After it ran me over, I was able to get up and only felt some back pain which became much worse as they laid me on the ground. I didn't even know my arm and hand were damaged until I saw all the blood inside the house when I went in to call 911. I never passed out but I was very fortunate not to have bled out. I couldn't have put a turnicut on if I wanted to because the tiller ripped my pants and belt off. I was very fortunate in all aspects because the hospital wanted to fly me to Louisville, Kentucky which has the best hand/arm trauma center in the country as I was told. The Surgeon said he could repair my hand and arm in Paducah so I didn't have to make the 4-4.5 hour trip to Louisville.

Jasha, here is the road that my injury took me down:

After the surgery, they kept my arm elevated on a large foam wedge for weeks to keep the swelling down. The Surgeon himself came in every day and cleaned/changed the dressing. I had to go and see him once a week for many weeks and when the tendons and nerves healed enough he took me out of the cast. As a result of being in the cast, I couldn't move anything so scar tissue formed around my tendons and would not allow them to glide so I can only squeeze my hand so far due to this. After he was convinced the bones were stable along with nerves, tendons and vessels, I started physical therapy three times a week for months. I was off work for six months but every injury is different. Check out the pictures before and after the healing process and if you have any questions I will try and answer them as best as I can. WARNING, PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC.

View attachment 257576View attachment 257577View attachment 257579View attachment 257580View attachment 257578

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Having the proper mind set after an accident like this is very important. Jasha has got a good handle on it, well done lad.
My falling career was ended by injury, I had reason to exit a moving vehicle, with predictable results. I healed up, sort of, I went back to falling timber and realized I lacked proper mobility, so I found something to do. Anyway, there were some dark moments, plenty of frustration, but I kept my mind on getting through it and on to better things.

Back