Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jasha,

My prayers are with you, your family and your medical staff throughout your recovery. Peace, love and rest to you and your loved ones.

-Scott

View attachment 257454View attachment 257455View attachment 257456

Here are pictures of my hand and arm and everything was able to be re-attached and I didn't loose my hand or arm thanks to the Good Lord. From the picture, looks like the Surgeon can get you back together and with a lot of therapy, you will be back on the job in months. Best of luck to you and have a speedy recovery.

Dave

View attachment 257454View attachment 257455View attachment 257456

Here are pictures of my hand and arm and everything was able to be re-attached and I didn't loose my hand or arm thanks to the Good Lord. From the picture, looks like the Surgeon can get you back together and with a lot of therapy, you will be back on the job in months. Best of luck to you and have a speedy recovery.

Dave

Dave, what's the story with yours? That wasn't just a little injury.

You should warn people about images like that.

LOL, yes - I suppose he should.

When a guy works in emergency services, you kinda get used to seeing inside parts.

One thing that helped me, was visualizing that we're critters just like a deer or elk, with similar parts. If you can handle butchering an animal, the human aspect is a little easier to stomach. . . Sometimes.

When a guy works in emergency services, you kinda get used to seeing inside parts.

One thing that helped me, was visualizing that we're critters just like a deer or elk, with similar parts. If you can handle butchering an animal, the human aspect is a little easier to stomach. . . Sometimes.

Yes, I know, most stuff doesn't bother me at all, I was just saying for the sake of others, I don't enjoy looking at it one bit, but I can take it. I've seen someone I know die right before my eyes from an accident, that kinda **** hardens ya up.

I dont think you get used to seeing the inside parts LOL, you just learn to deal with it. I work in the emergency services, and those pics still caught me off guard.

Yes, I know, most stuff doesn't bother me at all, I was just saying for the sake of others, I don't enjoy looking at it one bit, but I can take it. I've seen someone I know die right before my eyes from an accident, that kinda **** hardens ya up.

My first trauma was a male that was ejected from his vehicle and was killed. . . I had a nightmare about it the next night. After that, nada.

I also like watching having my blood drawn, when I have to have it done -- I think it's neat how they take advantage of a little vacuum and your heart pumping. Beats the old fashion way.

The nurses always think it's weird though! :laugh:

I dont think you get used to seeing the inside parts LOL, you just learn to deal with it. I work in the emergency services, and those pics still caught me off guard.

Too true.

I was always a little queasy about it, and it never went away with kids being hurt.

Besides the animal thing -- I always told myself,"If doctors can do it, why can't I?" So I started focusing less on the gore aspect, and more on the medical/scientific aspect.

I tell ya, it should be almost mandatory that folks do a stint with some branch of emergency services.

It will teach folks one of the most important things during and emergency -- keeping calm, levelheaded, and methodical. Panic kills, and that's a fact!

A lot more people would be saved without the panic factor playing into it.

I agree with you there. I think the biggest thing I have got out of it though, is just how easy things can go wrong. Even if your not being the idiot, someones lack of judgment can change or end your life all together. And I have noticed that being even more true having kids and imagining every worst scenario when they are playing. I definitely think a lot more about consequences now. The other thing I have noticed is after seeing so much tv gore, the real thing almost looks fake at times LOL.

My first trauma was a male that was ejected from his vehicle and was killed. . . I had a nightmare about it the next night. After that, nada.

I also like watching having my blood drawn, when I have to have it done -- I think it's neat how they take advantage of a little vacuum and your heart pumping. Beats the old fashion way.

Yup, your weird.

After TOO many gvmt. "operations" it's amazing what you can get "used to" :angry:

TreeS. - as said - I'm on the wrong cost, but what ever I (we) can do - GIVE A YELL!!

This is funny, but not really. Two weekends ago, a woman dumped her m/c and was hurt. Her boyfriend had been at the bar to long and hauls all to go see. He dumps his m/c and gets hurt. They are both air lifted to the hospital together. They will both live to be a lot wiser.

Don't let it harden you up too much. The soul lives on after first being judged by Christ - and one day the soul will be reunited to the body again at the resurrection. It is only that judgment at death which matters; eternity depends on it.

I never sleep good after a serious respiratory arrest or cardiac arrest call. However, this year I've been lucky enough to handle three patients who went full code on cardiac and made it, with two even going the full three shocks with the AED.

Latest posts

Back