Thread for nefsw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any other problems? stalling when idleing? excessive smoke?

hi volks-man yep the saw dose seem to smoke a fair bit key way is ok i was wondering if the heel on the points had worn down maybe tryd moving timing but dont make much diffrence from fully retarded to max advance its not carbond up. i have had the saw 3-4 years and seems to be getting worse cheers nick

I just ran my 2186 for the first time today and I didn't see the need for a decomp valve. My first saw was an 820 (got it at 16 yrs old) and I don't recall it having a decomp valve either (or I didn't use it). It sounds like there may be something wrong with the saw.

Hopefully nefsw posts up answering fish's and volks-man's questions regarding any possible issues that could be causing his problem.

yep there is some thing wrong with it . i wonder if it could be timing or points related

yep there is some thing wrong with it . i wonder if it could be timing or points related

Maybe it's something simple like a recoil spring with a bunch of crud on it? Another AS member was having a problem with his and once he cleaned and lightly oiled the rewind spring his problem was solved.

Have you ruled out a sticking flywheel and/or clutch? I was thinking that you could take the bar and chain off, pull the spark plug, remove the recoil starter, then try and turn the saw over using your hand on the flywheel. That might help identify where it may be binding?

HTH

I have a 2171 and went through 2 tanks of fuel today, had to relearn how to start a jred/huskey after using stihl for the last few years but I found no issues or need of a decomp (nice powerhouse and it has a nice exhaust sound ) .
Send me that big saw and I'll give you an honest evaluation :) really honest I'll send it back :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:.

You have not tried to start my 2094 yet, have you. I was at the shop the night you dropped off all those chainsaws.
Pioneerguy600

hay dose anybody know correct carb settings johnser red 80 . the old one whith silver top . mines over fulein causing a bit of hydrolicing thats why compression was so high . is it in for weaker out for richer . and on the auto oiler for the chainif its putting to much oil out do i turn the screw in or out ? any info would be great. thanks:chainsaw:

hay dose anybody know correct carb settings johnser red 80 . the old one whith silver top . mines over fulein causing a bit of hydrolicing thats why compression was so high . is it in for weaker out for richer . and on the auto oiler for the chainif its putting to much oil out do i turn the screw in or out ? any info would be great. thanks:chainsaw:

Carb
- Main mixture jet (H) 1 turn out from seated.
- Idle mixture jet (L) 1 1/4 turns out from seated.
- Idle speed (T) tightened so it is just touching lever.

Acres lists the operating RPM as 10,700. L should be adjusted for smooth acceleration. T can also be adjusted as required.

Oiler
- Tighten screw to reduce oil flow.

HTH

j red 80

set carb at last its easy to start and runs great.thanks everyone:chainsaw::cheers:

Back