Three truckloads.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I am burning with envy... I am looking at buying a dumptruck of log ends this year because there has been nothing on CL and the west slope of the Cascades is still closed to wood cutting this year.

Did you know the guy with the tops, or did you happen to be in the right place at the right time? Always interested in how others score wood.

Did you know the guy with the tops, or did you happen to be in the right place at the right time? Always interested in how others score wood.
I know the landowner, shoot they left a bunch of logs too. I cut them up about month ago. Most of the wood stacked is from the logs they left. I filled my lean to up with red oak from them.

Attachments

• SANY1158.JPG
    SANY1158.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 206
  • SANY1061.JPG
    SANY1061.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 202
  • SANY1064.JPG
    SANY1064.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 204
  • SANY1056.JPG
    SANY1056.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 206
  • SANY1057.JPG
    SANY1057.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 202
  • SANY1091.JPG
    SANY1091.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 208
  • SANY1092.JPG
    SANY1092.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 178
Nice Score... Always nice when someone can clean up the tops and the tops end up being more than just some little stuff. I cleaned up the woods next to us years ago and had enough cull logs to last us for several years.

I find this thread to be somewhat dumb and gay. Just kidding, stihlsawing. I've been getting plenty o truckloads of free wood myself the last couple weeks. Same as always. My recent scores have been a mix of black walnut, apple, hard maple, white oak, and oddly enough, white birch. I heroically saved it all from being ground into mulch.

Attachments

• images-7.jpeg
    images-7.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 6
Well, Ss your thread here inspired me to make a second trip today to the top secret scrounge location. Here are the results of my second trip.

Attachments

• IMAG0308.jpg
    IMAG0308.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 24
Back