Throat Mics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of things I might have to be the one who tries them out. I thought for sure somebody would have used them, but I guess not.:cheers:

The only way i would get them is if the chainsaw running would not activate the voice activation

That is a good point I'll do some more snooping and let you know what I find out:cheers: P.S. I like the fact you are using beavers so green and environmentally safe.

Ive used voice activation mic's for my radio set but they activate when the chainsaw goes. Id like to know how the other mic's work to.

I use the Peltor pro-comm headsets. I love them. They add quite a safety factor to the job. If I set the VOX setting (voice activation) on the light side I can pick up the saw, but only if I'm cutting near shoulder height. Occasionally I'll pick up the ground guys if they are working hard and breathing heavy, Just have them push the mic away from their lips or set the headset to push to talk.

Yes, they are expensive, but check ebay from time to time.

Check out the paintball forums for reviews. I believe they use them.

Latest posts

Back