Throttle linkage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckr74

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am trying to do a few modifications to my log splitter this year. One of them was to install a throttle cable so speed of engine could be easily adjusted. Thought I might just find a conversion kit but didn't. The model # is HM-100 159383r. Did find a parts breakdown but it's really hard to tell what I need. The lever is already factory installed so I just need linkage. Thanks!

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with a remote throttle close to the valve lever. Type in "universal throttle" into Google shopping and you'll get a few ideas.

morse controls or others have locking push/pull cables that move to a gross adjustment while you hold the center button in, then fine tune speed by releasing the button and turning knob left or right.

not cheap, and not really cost effective in a logsplitter world, but you could probably find one from a scrap yard from some sort of pump/gen set/chipper etc.

Otherwise, just simple manual choke cable conversion kit?

k

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have made it more clear. I not looking for the throttle cable, just the Tecumseh linkage and governor spring. Has anyone got a dirct # to Tecumseh? I know those parts are out there, I just have to find the right contact. Again,Thanks!

I think that's what I will do. To make it work right I will have to make a couple small levers to, but it will work. I have some ss welding rod that is perfect for making linkages.

I finally found a shop and got the right part. Had to make one link from governor to the control, but it works perfect. Now I'm looking at replacing the single stage pump with a two stage. I have a Webster pump on it right now and wonder what the GPM is. Is there a place online to find info on this pump? thanks?

I finally found a shop and got the right part. Had to make one link from governor to the control, but it works perfect. Now I'm looking at replacing the single stage pump with a two stage. I have a Webster pump on it right now and wonder what the GPM is. Is there a place online to find info on this pump? thanks?

model number?

I really appreciate that Ray. This is one of my favorite forums because of the knowledge base. It's kind of hard to figure out those curves in the diagrams. I have a 10hp engine so it appears that the pump 14-16 GPM??? THink a two stage pump would be worth it?Thanks again!!

Need 8 hp motor for a 16 gpm 2 stage pump and 12 hp for a 22 gpm 2 stage pump. The first pump I had was a single stage and had to set the relief under 1500 lbs. or the 8 hp. motor would stall. Switched to a 16 gpm 2 stage pump and no stalling problems with relief set at 2250lbs.

Back