Timberline Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a shop here in town that carries the Timberline product. I went over there today and naturally they were out of the 13/64" carbides...

But they said they would be getting some 'next order'.

I will def' be picking some up.

There's a shop here in town that carries the Timberline product. I went over there today and naturally they were out of the 13/64" carbides...

But they said they would be getting some 'next order'.

I will def' be picking some up.

i know you're in canuckistan and there are issues with international shipping but you might try ordering directly from the web site. it's the only way i've ever purchased timberline stuff. i can't remember the owner's name (it's been more than 10 minutes) but he's a great guy to deal with, prompt, courteous and reliable. i've ordered both by phone and internet and my supplies are in my mail box in a couple of days. i just bought six carbides two weeks ago. they were about $20 each, 2 each 7/32, 13/64 and 5/32. (i avoid .325 chain like the plague.) anyway, i ordered them on the site on friday and they were in my po box on monday morning.

https://www.timberlinesharpener.com/

i checked amazon but they didn't seem to have any carbides available.

I know it's a older thread but I recently bought one of these gizmos and it worked out great. A couple of my older chains it's gonna take a few sharpening's to get it back to perfect but put a nice edge on them for the time being. Now for the $20 dollar a piece for the cutters. Yikes. I'm gonna pull out the guide and take it to a buddy of mine that's a machinist and make one that has a 1/8 hole in it. If you look online you can get a 5 pk of carbide cutters for a drimmel tool for 10 bucks but the shank size is 1/8" instead of 1/4". Once I get one made I'm gonna try it out. Maybe save a few bucks on the cutters. Anyways. Great little tool to have put in the woods.

Back