• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Timberwolf modded Husky365 big bore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
For sale: $350. PHO. This saw was born as a 365. Got a Baileys 76cc big bore kit and then sent to Canada for a pop-up piston, porting and carb work by Brian (aka Timberwolf). I was running a 24" bar, full comp 3/8ths chain with an 8 tooth sprocket in oak/maple with no problems.
Husq365 L side.jpg Husq356 R side.jpg Husq365 top.jpg

I haven't heard of Brian. Does he stand behind his work? How long ago was it rebuilt, and what kinda shape is the piston in? That thing must be a beast! Makes me wonder if I really need my 576xpat...

I'll pull the muffler off tonight and take a picture or two of the piston. I can also snap a pic of the compression. I don't think I've ever tested compression, so it'll be interesting to see. Brian ported this saw about 5 or 6 years ago. I used it for mainly for trail maintenance and some firewood work, but it really doesn't have many hours on the new top end, maybe 20-30 hours total. One drawback is that it's loud, and since I live in a residential neighborhood and cut my firewood in the backyard, I tended to use other saws that were a bit more quiet.

Bob, that saw must get 'er done,if it's typical Timberwolf porting work.For those unfamiliar with Brian's work,he, imho ,was "the man".He did some saws for me that were very stout.
Brian does really nice work. The carb on this saw looks awesome. I'm not sure what he did to it exactly, but he certainly paid quite a bit of attention to the venturi area. Brian had a lot of posts showing things like a flow bench, hand-built prototype chainsaw dynamometer, custom-made pipes, etc. I recall he even made a racesaw with a lightened clutch, lightened flywheel and massive compression and then quickly posted a warning on how the lightened clutch engaged the chain somewhat violently. He was (and perhaps still is) pushing the envelope of performance.

Latest posts

Back