Time to air grievences!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Almost forgot, Happy Festivus guys!

#1, hey it is the Holiday season! Enough with the rain, if it is mud season, so be it, but I want some white dirt on top of the mud!

#2 my pizza crust is a tad too hard..

#3 didn't get enough wood in while it was dry (minor, I am used to it)

#4 the leveraxe was OK but not as good as I hoped :(

Next reveller! Feats of strength later....

Happy holidays to all also!!

#1 A treadmill showed up in my woodshop all set up ready to go end of last week. Wifey thought it was a great place to have them unload it!!!

#2 75% of my friends in town drink some sort of Budwiser beer. If I am going to stop for a beer at least have something that doesn't taste like skunk piss.

#3 Why has everything you buy these days have gotten smaller but the price has doubled?

#4 I am glad I can go to work every day while 25% of the people eligible to work sit at home jacking it!

#5 Don't get me started on health care!

#6 I used to love MacD Big Macs until they started slicing the meat so thin you are not sure it is on there.

#7 Really don't like people driving with a cell phone glued to their ear.

I'm on vacation all this week also maybe I should get a box of beer (Not Bud see above) and road trip over to Spideys!!

1. I am tired of this damn fog. Feels like I am in Seattle. Sucks.

2. Bourbon only comes from Kentucky. Don't try pushing some swill on me from CO or MN or wherever saying it's Bourbon. Unless that aquafer feeds up through Limestone in a small stretch in Kentucky, it's whiskey. Granted I will still drink it. I'm just not bright, not stupid.

3. My wood is outside and its wet because of these warmer temps and fricking fog. That being said, warm temps mean I can cut Thursday.

4. The Council Tools 6lb maul........... My diatribe on that comes down to this. It wasn't right to crap talk it until I had one in my hands and put it through my own rigors. I proved to myself what I already knew what would happen. I don't think I could ever have one or any wood handle splitting tool last more than a month. Which saves me money from getting that nice GB one I have seen. I only hope Hooskvarna wises up and makes a 36" version of the S2800 for us with ape arms.

Yeah I know 1.5/10 rant.

1. I am tired of this damn fog. Feels like I am in Seattle. Sucks.

2. Bourbon only comes from Kentucky. Don't try pushing some swill on me from CO or MN or wherever saying it's Bourbon. Unless that aquafer feeds up through Limestone in a small stretch in Kentucky, it's whiskey. Granted I will still drink it. I'm just not bright, not stupid.

3. My wood is outside and its wet because of these warmer temps and fricking fog. That being said, warm temps mean I can cut Thursday.

4. The Council Tools 6lb maul........... My diatribe on that comes down to this. It wasn't right to crap talk it until I had one in my hands and put it through my own rigors. I proved to myself what I already knew what would happen. I don't think I could ever have one or any wood handle splitting tool last more than a month. Which saves me money from getting that nice GB one I have seen. I only hope Hooskvarna wises up and makes a 36" version of the S2800 for us with ape arms.

Yeah I know 1.5/10 rant.

Maybe you can find a syn handle to fix that CT busted wooden handle...

1) Every member of my family except me had the flu this weekend or has it right now. Guess who is going to have it just in time for Christmas. I swear I'm always sick for New Years, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

2) Our travel to the cabin is postponed until wife feels good enough to drive the other vehicle. Which means it probably won't be until I'm coming down with/have this damn flu.

3) I've got a shitload of revenue producing work to get done by New Years and all kinds of piddly stuff keeps popping up that I need to take care of first.

4) Because I'm going to end up working at least two days next week (had planned vacation for the whole week), I'm going to miss out on prime cutting conditions (reasonably temps and no snow, an uncommon combination for late December in MN)

5) The gas gauge in my truck. I can drive 100 miles after filling and the gauge is still pegged on full. But the last 1/4 tank lasts exactly 35 miles. The last 1/8 tank is only good for 5 miles. Deceptive!!!

Maybe you can find a syn handle to fix that CT busted wooden handle...

It's not the same Zog.

Unless it's some Scandinavian/Polish replacement handle designed for this, it will work no better than the Collins splitting axe.

Shock transmission. To me that is what the Fiskar's is all about and it works. There is minimal to none. Plus the amount of abuse I put that thing through.

I have split pieces with overstrikes, I have bent that handle at a minimum of 5 inches when prying pieces apart. It works and keeps working.

1) Every member of my family except me had the flu this weekend or has it right now. Guess who is going to have it just in time for Christmas. I swear I'm sick for New Years, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

2) Our travel to the cabin is postponed until wife feels good enough to drive the other vehicle. Which means it probably won't be until I'm coming down with/have this damn flu.

3) I've got a shitload of revenue producing work to get done by New Years and all kinds of piddly stuff keeps popping up that I need to take care of first.

4) Because I'm going to end up working at least two days next week (had planned vacation for the whole week), I'm going to miss out on prime cutting conditions (reasonably temps and no snow, an uncommon combination for late December in MN)

5) The gas gauge in my truck. I can drive 100 miles after filling and the gauge is still pegged on full. But the last 1/4 tank lasts exactly 35 miles. The last 1/8 tank is only good for 5 miles. Deceptive!!![/QUOTE]

My guess is either a Chev or V10 Ford.

Dang water pump on my 1998 V-10 Pick Up went out last night. Can’t get it to the shop until after Christmas. It should have lasted longer than 190,000 miles.

Last work day before the Christmas/New Year’s break was 15 friickin hours.

Domestic beers suck big time. I’m subsidizing the Canadians … eh!

Congress!

Footing is too bad to operate the chainsaw on the down side of a steep hill because of the freezing rain.

I saw at least 500 does this hunting season but not a single antler.

New roof late, late fall. Good crew, good clean up. Daughter is getting 10 Cents/Nail and she has well over 400. Do the math.

Mother-In-Law is here for Christmas.

[1] My ribs hurt
[2] No wood cutting today
[3] It's raining
[4] it's gonna rain and blow hard for the next 2 days

You're ribs are gonna hurt for a while. Just a fact.

You have three lobsters waiting to be eaten and I have 2 dogs mind controlling me to be fed......AGAIN.

If anyone has grievances to air......it would be your mini-van.

"I signed up for this job to carry groceries.....maybe kids......not a fricken half of a cut up tree....on a weekly basis.....saws and oils leaking on me......It's not even that kind of party."

You ever see Christine? Yeah....I'd be sleeping with one eye open too.

I'm not worried about the ribs , it's almost down to just background noise LOL
2 more days and it'll be like it never happened so then I'll be able to talk about the feats of strength , hey wait , I know a guy that already got a trailer load of wood with a broken rib ...

I'm not worried about the ribs , it's almost down to just background noise LOL
2 more days and it'll be like it never happened so then I'll be able to talk about the feats of strength , hey wait , I know a guy that already got a trailer load of wood with a broken rib ...

My advice is take things as they come.

This past September I hit on a piece of wood and that sucker sent a bolt through all ribs, my broken clavicle, and fractured shoulder blade.

They will haunt you, just not knock you out of the game.

I was back at it 3 months after my accident. Like I said, let your body dictate your pace. No harm in saying "Screw it, I'm done."

Dang water pump on my 1998 V-10 Pick Up went out last night. Can’t get it to the shop until after Christmas. It should have lasted longer than 190,000 miles.

Congress!

I saw at least 500 does this hunting season but not a single antler.

New roof late, late fall. Good crew, good clean up. Daughter is getting 10 Cents/Nail and she has well over 400. Do the math.

Close the thread

You Win

Sorry dude. Mine will only be here for a few hours Xmas day. I feel ya bro.

The thing that really bothers me during this special time of the year? About 1 out of every 50 people just has a bad attitude and b*tches about everything. Every year I run into at least a couple. You know who they are, you know what I'm talking about. My wife was practically harassed a couple days ago in a grocery store parking lot by some lady that had her head screwed on crooked. She had my 9yr old daughter with her, which I'm thankful for, because knowing my wife... It might not have turned out well for the other lady. That "one" person can just ruin your whole day because they have their pissy pants on. Pull up your skirts sissy mary's, its the holiday season!
I'm out...
:givebeer:

I want to punch my manager in the mouth

My Mustang needs a rebuild and I know santa did NOT bring me a gaskets set for it.

Out of Coors Light

MIL BF is visiting for the holidays and wife made me promise to not knock his teeth out.

We spend billions housing felons, but what do we do for veterans?

They take a third of my paycheck to give handouts to people that DONT WANT to WORK, they just want the hand outs.

I work two jobs just to make ends meet but people on the system drive nicer cars then me.

Ok I'm done. Have a Merry Christmas fellas.

Latest posts

Back