Time to get my saws running again...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Going to be groundbreaking my new Storage shed in a couple weeks, 40X14. In it, I will finally be able to store my Vintage GT's, and Ill have shelving and hangers for all my good saws and stuff.

I want to be sure all my decent/good saws are in working order when I get done, so I took a look at the stuff at the front side of my current falling down tin shed...

The 350 cranked up, CS-520 cranked up, Tanaka cranked up, couple of the poulans cranked up too...that's about the extent of it. Keep in mind they've been sitting probably 9 months to over a year in some cases.

The 025 needs a fuel line..it's cracked, also there is a little hole next to the muffler, in the side of the case that pours out oil when I run or tip the saw...Am I missing a plug or a vent?

MS-260, I need to order the P&C from Baileys.

MS-260Pro- need to bring home from work and see if I cant clean up the piston and cylinder

Homie XL, Super2, Super XL, etc..Got 2 good motors, 2 good fuel tanks, 1 good recoil, 2 good mufflers, and no good carbs...Got to take em all to work over the Winter and make a coupel good saws. One of these (the XL) My father bought new in 1968, and it ran flawlessly until the fuel tank bottom rubbed thin and cracked.

Mac 160S...Awesome saw, got a good coil to put on it to make it run again, too hot to mes with putting it together right now...what a pain those are.

Mac 4618- Got to order the dang intake boot, this saw only has about 4-5 minutes on it, total.

Wizard BO-13 (poulan 3700) I found a mint parts saw at work, burnt piston, but it has the carb I need...Winter project.

Wild Thing- Needs a Chain, cranked on 3 pulls...I was kinda shocked by that one.

Thats pretty much all I could get to...but at least I wont be bored this Winter, and Ill finally have a place to display my saws.

Cant wait to get the new shed underway...Not looking forward to building it.:cry:

O.K.... that sound like a typical days' work for me, maybe two of the damn phone rings.

What are you going to do with the rest of the winter?

Going to be groundbreaking my new Storage shed in a couple weeks, 40X14. In it, I will finally be able to store my Vintage GT's, and Ill have shelving and hangers for all my good saws and stuff.

I want to be sure all my decent/good saws are in working order when I get done, so I took a look at the stuff at the front side of my current falling down tin shed...

The 350 cranked up, CS-520 cranked up, Tanaka cranked up, couple of the poulans cranked up too...that's about the extent of it. Keep in mind they've been sitting probably 9 months to over a year in some cases.

The 025 needs a fuel line..it's cracked, also there is a little hole next to the muffler, in the side of the case that pours out oil when I run or tip the saw...Am I missing a plug or a vent?

MS-260, I need to order the P&C from Baileys.

MS-260Pro- need to bring home from work and see if I cant clean up the piston and cylinder

Homie XL, Super2, Super XL, etc..Got 2 good motors, 2 good fuel tanks, 1 good recoil, 2 good mufflers, and no good carbs...Got to take em all to work over the Winter and make a coupel good saws. One of these (the XL) My father bought new in 1968, and it ran flawlessly until the fuel tank bottom rubbed thin and cracked.

Mac 160S...Awesome saw, got a good coil to put on it to make it run again, too hot to mes with putting it together right now...what a pain those are.

Mac 4618- Got to order the dang intake boot, this saw only has about 4-5 minutes on it, total.

Wizard BO-13 (poulan 3700) I found a mint parts saw at work, burnt piston, but it has the carb I need...Winter project.

Wild Thing- Needs a Chain, cranked on 3 pulls...I was kinda shocked by that one.

Thats pretty much all I could get to...but at least I wont be bored this Winter, and Ill finally have a place to display my saws.

Cant wait to get the new shed underway...Not looking forward to building it.:cry:

That will take red all winter. Notice how he posts the stihls as the majority of his problem saws...:poke: Red, the thought of you trying to build a kart engine is VERY comical...:dizzy:

The same saws from months ago...

heck, I did more than that list just today... even yesterday (sunday) in a couple of hours replaced the rings in a 3120, tuned an 066, and fixed a 200T...

yes Red, you're missing a plug on the 025 - just wind in a VERY short (less than 1/4 inch) set screw. I think I use a 1/4x1/4 vent screw from an 090...

Last edited:
The same saws from months ago...

heck, I did more than that list just today... even yesterday (sunday) in a couple of hours replaced the rings in a 3120, tuned an 066, and fixed a 200T...

Impress-Kirk.jpg

"whew" its a good thing the "Panty dropper" started.

You had me worried there.

I spent the last 3 weekends looking at my wildthing & cleaning it. Now it looks like new.

I cant wait to display it.

When your shed is finished, you are going to need a doorstop for those hot summer days when you want to keep the door propped open.

I think that would be the perfect place to dispay your wild thing. At least it will be doing something usefull.

red on your homelites i may have the complete carbs for them all i would need is some carb #s off the ones you have to match up

and if you need a OEM Homelite 20" bar i happen to have 2 of them

Last edited:
red on your homelites i may have the complete carbs for them all i would need is some carb #s off the ones you have to match up

and if you need a OEM Homelite 20" bar i happen to have 2 of them

Ill have to pull the XL apart and sneak a look at the carb number...I think it's a walbro, it's been at least 7-8 months since I looked at any of them.

-----
Also I want to cleanup my P500 Pioneer and rebuild the carb....Get it done.

Ill have to pull the XL apart and sneak a look at the carb number...I think it's a walbro, it's been at least 7-8 months since I looked at any of them.

-----
Also I want to cleanup my P500 Pioneer and rebuild the carb....Get it done.

Porbably an HDC 17 on an XL - hold on I have an XL apart on my bench now- *runs off quick*

Walbro HDC 27, thats the single needle carb for an XL. It only has a low speed adjustment.

Back