Tips on cylinder removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilRoySlade

Life's a garden, dig it
Reaction score
550xp is the saw. Both sides of gasket look to have Dirko, 3bond or something, grey semi flexible. I've never had to pull a cylinder with that on. How in the hell do you do it? I can't get it to budge.
700018219e0d27e33154c93cd306c9bd.jpg

That goo isn't from the factory. Take a block of wood or plastic hammer handle etc and tap the side of the cylinder to pop the seal. Why ya pulling the jug?

22cd10b41049cef96614026846e8ee26.jpg

It had warranty work done at a dealer for scored piston at one time in its life but looks like the problem never got fixed. So now I have an adventure. It seems to have carb/auto tune problems. No dealer near me with software.

22cd10b41049cef96614026846e8ee26.jpg

It had warranty work done at a dealer for scored piston at one time in its life but looks like the problem never got fixed. So now I have an adventure. It seems to have carb/auto tune problems. No dealer near me with software.
Auto tune not the problem, air leak somewhere, check the transfer covers first.

Well, pulled the transfer covers and found tears in them so now to remedy that problem.
Has anyone tried to seal up the transfers when the rubber is bad. Like cut a gasket, use 518, Hondabond, use soldering iron to melt tear back together then use sealant? Thought it's worth trying at least to learn.

Back