Titan Bluestreak 2-Man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since i posted anything. Ive been too busy with non-saw related stuff, but i found a little something today. Drove over 4 hours one way for it and it needs a lot of work, but a neat saw none the less. I believe it to be a blue streak, although the mufflers are different than usual. It has the manual clutch engagement which is siezed, as with the transmission. Someone removed the sprocket also and it has since been lost (of all parts to have been lost, this is an odd one). Otherwise, its all here. It'll be a good runner, but cutting may be a different story with the transmission/clutch issue. I pulled the mufflers off and there were mouse nests in them and a lot of years of dirt. Seems as though i will have to pull the cylinders off to clean dirt out of them and de-carbon things, its pretty bad in there.
Anyhow, heres some pics. If anyone has any helpful information it would be appreciated. Ive searched around and it seems there is some info out there, but anything specific to the clutch will be very helpful.
Titan 1.jpg Titan 2.jpg

I bought what I believe to be a Mac 99 two man saw the other day. It's complete except for the muffler I think. Could add to your collection if you like.

That is a nice old Titan - well done on picking it up. It has a nice set of mufflers on it from what I can see, and the cylinder covers are in decent shape. The bucking bar and chain combination is also very nice. What questions do you have regarding the clutch? They are pretty straightforward units when you break them down, and I am only too happy to help with what I can.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, mufflers arent too bad, one has a dent but there not rusted through. If i could only make time for working on it and digging into that clutch.....i have gotten some detailed advise on it, just need time. If you by chance know anyone with a spare sprocket..... :) i knew they were rare....didnt know how much. Ha.

OK, I'll dig this thread up instead of starting my own...

I am working on the same saw for a friend.. it has no mufflers, pistons look in good shape, all hoses are missing, and the recoil doesn't recoil or grab the flywheel... is there any sort of information on these saws available? @bullseye13, have you gotten some work done on yours? I am guessing I'm going to have to take a good portion of it apart. This one has a 4' bar and semi chisel chain with a little life left in it. Any chance I could get a good picture of a muffler so I can sorta make a replica?

OK, I'll dig this thread up instead of starting my own...

I am working on the same saw for a friend.. it has no mufflers, pistons look in good shape, all hoses are missing, and the recoil doesn't recoil or grab the flywheel... is there any sort of information on these saws available? @bullseye13, have you gotten some work done on yours? I am guessing I'm going to have to take a good portion of it apart. This one has a 4' bar and semi chisel chain with a little life left in it. Any chance I could get a good picture of a muffler so I can sorta make a replica?
Those recoils are fun, make sure everything is lubed where it should be and assembled properly. Very little information is available on these. the ignition is the same as the maytag twin cylinder washing machine engine.

I had to replace all 4 bearings in the transmission which is still apart, and it needs a new ignition coil which is available but costs $150. The hoses arent a big deal since its all pipe threads, you can make some up out of barbs and fuel line, or even copper pipe and flare it.

I got it running.. today I showed it to a friend, and I think I gave it two tugs with the choke, and 3 tugs before it fired up.. not bad for an old beast... I haven't taken the transmission apart, I don't think I really need to, but mine has the automatic clutch, and I'll take that apart and clean it all up. I may have to take the carb apart again (Oh joy) since the needle doesn't seem to seat properly.

My buddy has a whole bunch of maytag engines, and a twin cylinder too.. that thing is neat!

I got it running.. today I showed it to a friend, and I think I gave it two tugs with the choke, and 3 tugs before it fired up.. not bad for an old beast... I haven't taken the transmission apart, I don't think I really need to, but mine has the automatic clutch, and I'll take that apart and clean it all up. I may have to take the carb apart again (Oh joy) since the needle doesn't seem to seat properly.

My buddy has a whole bunch of maytag engines, and a twin cylinder too.. that thing is neat!
Glad to hear you got her running, they are neat saws. The carbs on these are pretty easy compared to some. I just wish i could find a sprocket for mine, im not too woried about the coil right now. The sprocket actually looks like the one used on the Lombard GS but i havent pulled that one off yet to measure.

I could take this sprocket off and put it on the flatbed scanner to give you an outline of one if you need it.. would give you a starting point for if you wanted to make one

I could take this sprocket off and put it on the flatbed scanner to give you an outline of one if you need it.. would give you a starting point for if you wanted to make one
I have looked into making one, a buddy of mine has a nice sprocket on his saw for a template. Lets just say its cost prohibitive to have one made. :)

Latest posts

Back