Todays Fun!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next Day

here are a few pictures from today.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These pictures show most of the logs and where they are staged. "T" is going to set up his mill here after the area is rocked and then move the logs to the mill with the neighbors back hoe and a cable set up. Same one who provided the "Cat". It's a Case 450 for those of you who need to know.
Since there weren't any real loggers there today I did load up the Poulans. If any one is interested, they are every bit as fast in in some cases even faster then the Husky's I brought yesterday! :jawdrop:
That's Right! I had 3 chains rocked, old cabled, and fence wired, before they even warmed up! :dizzy:
Cutting through slash is a real equalizer.
Good thing we were working under the right sign :givebeer: and had my Grand saw sitter.....to protect against verbal abuse.......Bob

Case 450

I forgot all about how much I worked with and on one of the Case 450's when I was in college working for the US Feather Service in Wyoming. Your pictures brought back memories of that. I rode a seedling planter off the back planting lodgepole pine seedlings near Bondurant for parts of two summers. Beat me silly when it was out of the ground and tore up the Case. As I remember the planter was really much larger and heavier than it should have been for that machine. We had to replace the carriage rollers for the tracks each year, what a PITA, always in the woods with minimal tools. The operator was an older gentleman so guess who got to do all the heavy work, and crawl under it.

We got it stuck once in what appeared to be dry ground that was just a crust on top of saturated soil. The rear of the tracks at the drive sprocket were completely buried. It took a 12 foot 10" log chained to the tracks to walk us out, thank goodness for it's hydraulic blade so we could lift the front of it up enough to chain the log to the tracks. Took us about 2 hours just to get out of the hole.

Todays Fun Updated !!!

Here's what the site looks like today. "T" is preparing the area so that he can mount his bandsaw onto a concrete slab 50' long. He has already set the forms, set some steel beams for his log moving, and brought water & power to the site.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Tomarrow am the concrete gets poured and I will add some more pictures.
As stated in an earlier post "T" is planing to mill the trees that were dropped in order to provide lumber ( large timbers ) for remodeling and adding to their home.......:clap:.....Bob

Sweet!!!!!!

Dude, those are super pics. I want that damned weather. I've been huffing it through about 3' of snow for the last 2 months. When I jump down off the trees that fall, I'm eye level with the log, lmao... Try limbing in that, hehehehehe. Awesome of you to put those pics up dude.

:cheers: eh?

Is that a house in the background of that dozer??? How old is that place??

Great pics of the of the tree felling and real nice looking mill. I was going to ask why he cut the logs to 40' but then saw the mill. That is one awsome track. My mill is limited to 12' logs and that is enough for me to handle.

:cheers: ...Carl

Poured Today

Here's how it looked today just before I left. (after standing around watching those guys work I needed a nap)..........:)
attachment.php

Did the floor of his garage/shop as long as he was at it.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just about got it done..........:clap:........

Last Pictures till mill is set up!

attachment.php

In a couple of days (weather willing )I will add more pictures once the concrete has set and just prior to bringing up the mill.
Here's a picture of a shed on the site, not the real house. One of the trees just missed the shed landing between the left corner and a post. More exciting on the way down!
attachment.php

Well that's about it for now!......Almost nap time!......:cheers:......or something like that......Bob

Nice... but you have to stop showing pics of the great weather we have in the PNW... Last thing we needs is more guys moving here:mad:

Andy, sounds like you all are having the same problem we are having here in the South!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Trever

Latest posts

Back