Todays let down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last Wednesday I went to the local stihl dealer and order some stihl summer protective pants. The guy I dealt with said they should be in early this week. I called today and I was told they were on back order. It kind of ruined my week. I was looking forward to trying them on. Just my little rant.

Chris

Oh, man, thats normal. I order crap form my local "dealer", and they say, "it will be in Friday". Uh huh. Ordered dual spike setup for my 044 3 weeks ago and still isnt in as of today. I love Stihl saws, but their dealer networking selection process needs to be screened and monitored better. I apologize to all of you Stihl dealers out there that have your business in order. Sure wish I had that here! Husqvarna dealers are no different here, either.

The factory that produces most of Stihl protective clothing was destroyed in flooding. For most of the last 6 months most of the chaps have been on back order. Now NES only has 2 different pair available. And in general we've had ALOT more back orders this year than in previous years. Hell I had a MS361 back ordered for a couple days this week.

The factory that produces most of Stihl protective clothing was destroyed in flooding. For most of the last 6 months most of the chaps have been on back order. Now NES only has 2 different pair available. And in general we've had ALOT more back orders this year than in previous years. Hell I had a MS361 back ordered for a couple days this week.

Actually it was destroyed by fire. They are operational though, but it has been slow getting in protective apparel.

i hear that it was AOD that burnt the place down...

he tried to cut it down but the 009 wouldnt start

same

thing happened to me i canceled order and got them from labonville, glad i did not only are they quality chaps i ordered the 44'' and fit perfect stihls only went to 40''

I am still kind of down since I haven't gotten my pants yet. But on positive note I did win bids on ebay for a 25" bar and a 36" bar. Stihl bars and chains for both.

Chris

ps I really like the picture on the truck window. Where can you find one of those. I bought a couple of 2"x9" stihl stickers for the truck but I would say the picture is much better.

ps I really like the picture on the truck window. Where can you find one of those. I bought a couple of 2"x9" stihl stickers for the truck but I would say the picture is much better.

I designed and cut it myself, I have a vinyl cutter.

Last Wednesday I went to the local stihl dealer and order some stihl summer protective pants. The guy I dealt with said they should be in early this week. I called today and I was told they were on back order.

The other day somebody sent me a PM asking about my chaps. I went to Labonville's web page to get the link to them (competition model) and the base price for 32" was $98.95, when last I knew it had been $73.95. Kinda a let down there, but at least they are still available. Would have been a much bigger letdown if I hadn't already purchased mine at the old price:cheers:

Latest posts

Back