Todays let down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other day somebody sent me a PM asking about my chaps. I went to Labonville's web page to get the link to them (competition model) and the base price for 32" was $98.95, when last I knew it had been $73.95. Kinda a let down there, but at least they are still available. Would have been a much bigger letdown if I hadn't already purchased mine at the old price:cheers:

I noticed that too. I was going to order a few weeks ago and waited. Now they are $20+ dollars more. However they have a 10% off code you can use now if that helps. I guess you shouldn't put a price on high quality PPE. Mine should arrive tomorrow!:chainsaw:

PS I have an addition to my signature. I'm not here for telling, but I will say it starts with a 3 and ends with a 2. NO NO that's all I am going to tell you.

I noticed that too. I was going to order a few weeks ago and waited. Now they are $20+ dollars more. However they have a 10% off code you can use now if that helps. I guess you shouldn't put a price on high quality PPE. Mine should arrive tomorrow!:chainsaw:

PS I have an addition to my signature. I'm not here for telling, but I will say it starts with a 3 and ends with a 2. NO NO that's all I am going to tell you.

nice going with the addittion. now you've got the best, everything else will be a disappointment!

Ok, he'll give them away and I'll donate a few bucks to his mortgage company in his name. ;)

Ian

How about this for a let-down:

Drop off your 066 at a local dealer who you have been supporting for awhile and ask them to look at the piston, cylinder, and carb to see if they can be salvaged only to have them call you back 3 weeks later mentioning that nothing can be salvaged, "the piston and cylinder are shot and your carburetor failed the test." They then tell me it was going to be $600+ to fix which I respectfully decline, to which they reply I needed to pay for at least a half-hour of service work.

Then send your saw to Dr. Lakeside and have him inform you that the shop didn't even check anything because the screws still have gunk in them and it was very obvious that they were trying to scam me. Not to mention his cost will be much, much cheaper.

The realization that this local shop had their hands in my pockets from jump really infuriates me.

Saw-related let down of the year for me having paid $30 for someone to unscrew the 4 torx on the muffler cover.

Speaking of Stihl and backorders. Is anyone having a hard time getting 36" bars? Supposedly, my dealer has had one on BO for me for over a month now. They say Stihl says 10/10 arrival. If I werent getting such a good deal on the bar (or so I thought) I would just go somewhere else.

Latest posts

Back