Took a year, But finally back to sawin.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleaned up two pines then loaded stump grindings on another job and split a half cord last hour of daylight. I will be splitting this weekend, I have around ten cords to split up going to try to get them split because I have three more big oaks to do soon:dizzy: I really got some take home wood this year lol. I will probaby have 50 cords by winter.
you are expecting a cold winter for 50 cords, You must be selling some.

Yep, I need to take longer breaks. In the past, I have dumped water over my head...and it did help...but I had less to drink...:rolleyes:. If I have to cut in the heat again anytime soon, I'll have to get me another water cooler or 2.

Kevin

I've been lucky lately - cutting pretty close to a brook. Little trickler that runs through a hemlock grove.

Usually a gallon jug will do me for the day. But then we're not in the high heat you folks are in the midst of. Been in the upper 70s and early 80s.

I'm lucky too that I'm not much of a sweater. If I head out with my wife's dad, his shirts soaken through within 5 minutes. My son unfortunately inhereted this from that side of the family. Must suck working with a constant drip of sweat at the end of your nose like that.

Glad you're up and functioning ss!

And what's up with that carrot top pic a few pages back. Someone you know, ss? What was he holding? Looked like the world's biggest gerbil or sumpin.

I've been lucky lately - cutting pretty close to a brook. Little trickler that runs through a hemlock grove.

Usually a gallon jug will do me for the day. But then we're not in the high heat you folks are in the midst of. Been in the upper 70s and early 80s.

I'm lucky too that I'm not much of a sweater. If I head out with my wife's dad, his shirts soaken through within 5 minutes. My son unfortunately inhereted this from that side of the family. Must suck working with a constant drip of sweat at the end of your nose like that.

Glad you're up and functioning ss!

And what's up with that carrot top pic a few pages back. Someone you know, ss? What was he holding? Looked like the world's biggest gerbil or sumpin.

Lol come down here I can make ya sweat lmfao.

Hey, SS. Glad you goy some cut time in! I'm about 4 months to the day out of a laminectomy. It sure made life bearable again.

I'm hitting the trees tomorrow for a bit in the am. First real time out cuttin in a year and a half :clap:

The stinkin pain in the leg/sciatic nerve pain is some real B.S. stuff:dizzy: I know all to well... The surgeon called it a ruptured disk when he showed me the mri. YUCK!!!

Glad you're up and around and using some saws:)

Bill

Hey, SS. Glad you goy some cut time in! I'm about 4 months to the day out of a laminectomy. It sure made life bearable again.

I'm hitting the trees tomorrow for a bit in the am. First real time out cuttin in a year and a half :clap:

The stinkin pain in the leg/sciatic nerve pain is some real B.S. stuff:dizzy: I know all to well... The surgeon called it a ruptured disk when he showed me the mri. YUCK!!!

Glad you're up and around and using some saws:)

Bill
Good deal, Just take it easy the first few times. Cut small loads untill you get the back in shape.

Good deal, Just take it easy the first few times. Cut small loads untill you get the back in shape.[/QUOTE

I have been bustin my butt with my core work in pt and excersizing, walking, hiking... I have a very fun and entertaining life to get back to and I am doing my best to recover fast. I was thin to start with before I hurt myself at 6'3 180-185. dropped to 150 after a year of no mobility.

I'm weak as a kitten, or was lol.

Don't worry buddy, the last thing I want is to do it again.

Thanks for the kind reminder to not be a dumbass:)

Bill

Went and got some more this morning. i gut the top of the tree today which was a big truckload.

These tops were about 16 to 18 inches accross.

attachment.php

Some of them cut up and ready to noodle

attachment.php

The noodling begins

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some more cut up and ready to noodle

attachment.php

attachment.php

The truck loaded. Was thinking i might not make it out of there.lol

attachment.php

What was left, The big log you see is a short piece that was busted all up when the tree fell, It is also full of carpenter ants so i let it lay.

attachment.php

This is what to work on next time. About 30 feet of trunk. Gotta clean the vines off it first.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back