Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help! I need a T-27 driver that will fit into the Makita impact. Kinda rounded ours off trying to get a stubborn bolt out :D

Any suggestions? Old one is a Mac, and I dont wanna have to buy the 180$ set..

Been slow going on working on this Lathe but I got the parts, got it cleaned up and ready to put back together. I had to get the table it was mounted on braced up first though as the top was just to flimsy to support it.
Angle iron was welded under it and used to brace the legs to the top. I used 1/4" plate welded to the top where the lathe mounts to stiffen it up even more.

Hopefully I can get the lathe back on it and back together this weekend.

attachment.php

Help! I need a T-27 driver that will fit into the Makita impact. Kinda rounded ours off trying to get a stubborn bolt out. Any suggestions? Old one is a Mac, and I dont wanna have to buy the 180$ set..

Not sure if your Makita tool uses special impact bits (?) I see these everywhere, including Menard's. Google 'Torx Impact Bit'.

If you have a Mac or SnapOn or similar set and want an exact replacement, they will sell you individual bits. They might even replace it for free under warranty.

Philbert

Possum, MAC tools should have a lifetime warranty unless they are consumables. If you have problems locating a dealer, let me know, I can probably have the MAC guy that comes to my house warranty it if you send it to me/him.

Nick

CWME was kind enough to help me clean up my old vise. It came out better than I would have hoped. Now to figure out what color to paint it. :hmm3grin2orange:

IMG_5701_800x600.jpg

IMG_5700_800x600.jpg

We made a few cookies, and even got the old Mac 10-10 running. Amazingly enough, it started without doing anything to it. It started hard, but ran pretty well considering it's probably been sitting for 15 years.

Paint it some bright fluorescent color. Ya know, so ya don't bash elbow on it. Or trip and fall and poke yer eye out on it.

CWME was kind enough to help me clean up my old vise. It came out better than I would have hoped. Now to figure out what color to paint it. :hmm3grin2orange:

We made a few cookies, and even got the old Mac 10-10 running. Amazingly enough, it started without doing anything to it. It started hard, but ran pretty well considering it's probably been sitting for 15 years.

Vise's look great in blue.

Got the lathe back together today finally. Works ok, but the drive belt ended up too long and I'll have to get a new one tomorrow.

Chris was over today and we got it going enough to make some spacer bushings for the clutch cover on a Jonsered 920 that I converted to Husky bar studs. This thing will be handy, but I will need to learn a bunch more on how to use it. :laugh:

attachment.php

Got the lathe back together today finally. Works ok, but the drive belt ended up too long and I'll have to get a new one tomorrow.

Chris was over today and we got it going enough to make some spacer bushings for the clutch cover on a Jonsered 920 that I converted to Husky bar studs. This thing will be handy, but I will need to learn a bunch more on how to use it. :laugh:

attachment.php

Very cool!! If ya ever feel like replacing the V-Belts use the linked belts, they are way better, run smoother, which is good for a lathe.

I'll keep that in mind but for right now, I just need one belt. Got bigger fish to fry and I'm just glad to have it back together and working. Now I need to go through what tooling I got that came with it, and see what else I need to get.

Thats a real job when you dont even know what you need. :laugh:

I'll keep that in mind but for right now, I just need one belt. Got bigger fish to fry and I'm just glad to have it back together and working. Now I need to go through what tooling I got that came with it, and see what else I need to get.

Thats a real job when you dont even know what you need. :laugh:

Ya, I still have one normal V belt on mine. It'll take a while. I've had mine a few years now and still learning. You'll slowly collect tooling for it, its not cheap to get the stuff.

That's awesome Mark! I have a tiny little lathe (too small to even turn a piston) that I am useless with...I'm jealous as hell!

It actually came with quite a bit of stuff, so I can build on it from there.

I'm thinking that I will want a boring bar before long.

Yep, boring bar a must, parting tool a must, some basic RH LH cutters, grind your own out of HSS, very good to learn how to do that. I got a few basic things to start with from Tools4cheap LLC Online Machine Shop Tooling Store Very good guy to deal with, and I don't think you'll find it cheaper anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back