tool less tensioner problems HELP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawchip

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:mad: picked up a husky 235 with the toolless tensioner, and i'm bout ready ready to bring it back. first saw is a pia to start second when pushing the stop button it don't stop! and third how the hell does this tool less tensioner work???? i'm rolling down toward the + sign and the chain is not tightening :mad: someone help me out here i'm getting frustrated. i have a 455 rancher and have no probs with that

You only give them 30 minutes to respond and it's sunday morning. Most everybody sleeps in a little later. I would help you but i truly don't have an answer for you. Give it more than 30 minutes and someone will help you. Geez talk about impatient.

Last edited:
..... and third how the hell does this tool less tensioner work???? i'm rolling down toward the + sign and the chain is not tightening :mad: someone help me out here i'm getting frustrated. i have a 455 rancher and have no probs with that

Sorry, I don't know that model, but have you read the user manual?

If possible, take that saw back and buy a better (Swedish made) model! :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Dude, this isn't a "tech support line", it's a bunch of guys just like you. We help each other out as we can, but this isn't a job for us. I don't have a saw with a "no tool" tensioner, so I can't help you. Never used one, never interested enough in one to see how they work. That doesn't mean that someone won't be along in a while with your answer.

Back off on the 'tude a bit too. My meth-'ho niece was over last night so I could fix a rear window on her car. Power window, wouldn't go up, was stuck down. About 10 minutes into the job she decides it's time for her to go, so she copped an attitude with me. My deal has now changed. I won't fix her car until she shows me a current paycheck stub that shows at least 30 hours of work and the name of her boss so I can see if she is still employed when she comes over. I've had plenty of 'tude, don't need more.

Mark

sorry i was pissed when i typed it. not trying to take it out on you guys. i usually am patient:monkey:

:mad: picked up a husky 235 with the toolless tensioner, and i'm bout ready ready to bring it back. first saw is a pia to start second when pushing the stop button it don't stop! and third how the hell does this tool less tensioner work???? i'm rolling down toward the + sign and the chain is not tightening :mad: someone help me out here i'm getting frustrated. i have a 455 rancher and have no probs with that

thanks for the help guys. guess i'll go back to just being a browser. it seems you have to have some sort of stupid topic to get a response around here. i'lll just return my saw

Okay you asked for it....

Mine always worked just fine on my Stihl, maybe you should have bought one of them instead of that Poulan.
slap.gif

I have no experience with the Husky tooless tentioner that’s why I didn't respond when I first read your post, I was tempted to make the above comment but kept it to myself in order to not muck up your thread. So there ya go you got my response....... better now, did you get the info you needed????

The world is not instant and does not cater to your every whim, ease up, learn some patience and you may get the answer your looking for, then again with that attitude you may not.

Back