Topping 700 trees effeciently

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over 2,000 trees topped at 20ft. height from a ladder with no injuries is impressive.

It stretches creditability, but indeed impressive.

What happens all to often is the large tree top hits the ground and then hits the ladder.

I'd be interested to learn how you guys avoid that happening?
They are roping it down. Not that complicated.

Roping it down on itself?

Or from other trees?

Roping down a 40ft or more section of pine top from 20ft. is impressive!
You're off on all your numbers. Minimum toping is now at 30 ft. He will go higher if best fit. Not all trees are that big. You're going to extremes with everything. Chill. I'm just looking for ideas. I'm not trying to probe anything.

No good ideas?

Trust me, the guy is thinking.

I think the best idea is to continue on the like your husband is. He's got a low overhead, no machinery to break or get stuck in the woods - just plod along and it will get done. It seems like a pretty straightforward situation and not a bad job at all. Why the worry?

The numbers still don't make sense. 70' tree, he climbs up30' And ropes down a 40' top... from a ladder?

This is the question I would like to see answered,
I think 'roping it down' means they are pulling the tops over,,
still, this whole thing is weird,
Jeff

Honestly, it sounds like a bidding problem as much as a technique problem.

If 100 Trees a day is wearing out your husband, bid it for 60 Trees a day.
The way he has done it in the past is not a problem. I was just looking for ideas that maybe he didn't think of. No big deal. They are on the job now and did 60 trees yesterday, we will see it improve as the days go on. When he gets back from this job, he will be in tip top shape ;)

This is the question I would like to see answered,
I think 'roping it down' means they are pulling the tops over,,
still, this whole thing is weird,
Jeff
They aren't 70 feet tall, more like 40 to 50 I think I made a typo before somewhere.

Trust me, the guy is thinking.

I think the best idea is to continue on the like your husband is. He's got a low overhead, no machinery to break or get stuck in the woods - just plod along and it will get done. It seems like a pretty straightforward situation and not a bad job at all. Why the worry?
Thanks! Not a worry at all.

Roping it down on itself?

Or from other trees?

Roping down a 40ft or more section of pine top from 20ft. is impressive!
Its 30 feet at the cut and that's the minimum so he can go higher. And it is more like 10 to 20 ft section.

Latest posts

Back