Torn bluejeans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lh3

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just a lighthearted question: How many here have torn jean legs with their climbing spikes? I just got a new set of spikes and tore a pants leg not paying attention.

there have been times when a pair of jeans would last two me two days up in the tree. I bought a pair of arborwear pants and they lasted 6 months. I think I'm on pair #4 now. They are a little more expensive than jeans but last 10 times longer. They also have a gusseted crotch that makes movement much easier in the tree. Sherrill carries them..... Mike

Hadn't thought of dawgs tearing jeans, but can see how it could happen. I may check out the Arborwear pants. I have seen them in catalogs but didn't think they'd be worth the money.

that sucks. well, i can buy several pair of walmart rustlers for what they want for one pair of arborwear pants. We'll just have to see how how many jeans i tear up in the coming months.

Hadn't thought of dawgs tearing jeans, but can see how it could happen. I may check out the Arborwear pants. I have seen them in catalogs but didn't think they'd be worth the money.

protecrive chainsaw pants are worth buying whatever the pricetag, if you shop around you will get a good pair for reasonable money, i wear stihl
hi-flex, cost about 200 euro, alot cheaper and more replaceable then a leg
wound or bleeding to death, over here it is law to wear them wether using a saw on or off the ground,, do you have to have someone qualified in aerial rescue over there ?? again its the law here,,

i appreciate the advice! And i'll look into it. But, the above posts were meant to be in reference to accidents happening while the saw is off. I would think if the saw dawgs came close enough to rip pants while running, we'd have heard about it in the injuries and fatalities section. Like i said, and not to diminish the value of your statement, lighthearted.

Latest posts

Back