torque vs chainspeed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, a well built saw should have an excellent combination of both. I see them as mutually exclusive. If a saw is all torque, then it falls short in my books. If it's all RPMs, the it can't pull those RPMs in the cut, 2so it misses the mark again. I'm not happy until I achieve both.
I agree. I've got a Mastermind ported MS461 that is an animal as is in big wood. It normally wears a 25" and occasionally pulls 32" B&C. However, I've been cutting alot of <20" wood, so I've got an 8 pin rim on order to use with my 20" bar on it. This should be a killer combo!

The variables positions are not interchangeable in the equation. The way you presented torque and horsepower is completely wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

You can have torque with 0 horsepower, but you cannot have horsepower with 0 torque.
You can have static torque with no power, but we're talking about dynamic torque

So......we have defined Torque.

What is Chainspeed?

Sounds like a heavy metal/punk retro group.
Chain speed is the byproduct of sprocket size in relationship to piston travel. Piston speed will typically have a positive correlation with chain speed. Piston speed is affected by stroke.

Are we really debating how hp is calculated

No, we just have people that are wrong.

Close. Torque= HP x 5252/RPM
Torque isn't irrelevant, in the case of an engine it isn't an independent variable. You don't run your car on a power dyno, then switch over to a torque dyno. The only things that matter are what power is produced and at what rpm. "Torque" is simply a linear mathematical formula based on the above variables and a fixed constant (5252). "Torque" is increased by either increasing the power, or producing the power at a lower RPM.

You mean trying to use an equation as the basis for your argument, when you have the equation completely wrong?
No, I mean that if the most basic of algebraic manipulations has befuddled you then there is no basis for discussion:
You have torque and horsepower in the wrong positions of your equation.

The variables positions are not interchangeable in the equation. The way you presented torque and horsepower is completely wrong.

HP = Torque x rpm X 1/5252 is the same equation as Torque= HP x 5252/RPM

No, we just have people that are wrong.
We certainly do
F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back